The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrows War - As been said before, turn your brain of and its a 7/10

To End all Wars - True story of british prisoners in a japanese prisoner of war camp, with Kiefer Sutherland and Robert Carlyle. Absolutely terrible, only film I've seen of its type where the prisoners are fed a handful of rice for over a long period of time, build a railway and still haven't lost weight by the time they get liberated. I swear some had put weight on. 2/10, and thats only cos there was footage of two of the characters shown at the end.

Just been to see the Black Widow.

I'll start by saying I think comic book films are boring as shite because there's never any real jeopardy and every one just sets up for the inevitable boring sequel or spin off.

I'd say it was one of the better films of its type. If I'm being an absolute chauvinist, having Scarlett Johanssen, Florence Pugh and Rachel Weisz in the same film makes it enjoyable to watch even by itself.

A solid 3/4 from Mux.

If you're a fan of these types of films, you'll cream your knickers, because you do that for every shite remake of this type and always will do.
great
Logon or register to see this image
4/4 from Mux.

Just been to see the Black Widow.

I'll start by saying I think comic book films are boring as shite because there's never any real jeopardy and every one just sets up for the inevitable boring sequel or spin off.

I'd say it was one of the better films of its type. If I'm being an absolute chauvinist, having Scarlett Johanssen, Florence Pugh and Rachel Weisz in the same film makes it enjoyable to watch even by itself.

A solid 3/4 from Mux.

If you're a fan of these types of films, you'll cream your knickers, because you do that for every shite remake of this type and always will do.

4/4 from Mux.
Just seen this movie today. A very good marvel movie. Plenty action and lots of laughs deffo one of the best.

Reactions: mux
Don't know if counts, but I binged watched (so it was like a filum) Sophie - A murder in West Cork documentary on Netflix.

Never heard of the case, but very intriguing. 7/10

Don't know if counts, but I binged watched (so it was like a filum) Sophie - A murder in West Cork documentary on Netflix.

Never heard of the case, but very intriguing. 7/10
Seen this and the amount of corruption in it was scandalous. Really awful for the family involved and was so obvious who the nutter was.

Watched Thirteen at Dinner last night starring Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot. Was thoroughly weirded out by the sight of David Suchet playing Inspector Japp.

Ustinov in his Poirot films was pretty damn good. Death on the Nile with him, David Niven, Mia Farrow, Maggie Smith and Angela Lansbury was a fantastic film. But when I think of Poirot I picture Suchet.

Black Widow (2021). Watched this last night on Disney Plus. Bit of a slow burner scattered with some action set pieces. Very similar to a Jason Bourne movie. Not the best Marvel film, but not the worst. 6/10

The Ice Road on Prime, Liam Neesom. Thought the stuff about the ice roads, what little there was, was interesting but this is a bit of a laboured effort all in all.

I've said the before and ironically that is also a sign of getting old but most movies I watch are an absolute pile of shite or mediocre at best! Here's the latest...

Run - 6/10 - Disabled girl discover there more to her illnesses and mother than she maybe thought.
The Woman in the Window - 5/10 - Basically a rip-off of Rear Window.
Buster's Mal Heart - 4/10 - Very simple story of a bloke suffering with his mental health but cutting back and forth to add some interest.

Was thinking this must be down to saturation - basically Netflix/streaming require more content to much more gets signed off and produced for lower budgets. The time of taking years to get stories/scripts/projects approved has moved on to basically being able to supply a movie to fill a slot on a streaming platform.

out of death, Bruce Willis and a bunch of nobodies, the main policewoman has had botox in her lips and looks like a duck, lasted 20 mins so cant rate it

The Dead Don't Die.
I can't get over how poor this was. I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind or whether I simply didn't get it. On paper I should have loved it.

The Dead Don't Die.
I can't get over how poor this was. I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind or whether I simply didn't get it. On paper I should have loved it.
It had all the right elements to it for a good film but it was such a tedious misfire. Not your frame of mind I think, it was honestly just appalling.

out of death, Bruce Willis and a bunch of nobodies, the main policewoman has had botox in her lips and looks like a duck, lasted 20 mins so cant rate it
WTF is Willis dong now? Has he some enormous tax/divorce bill to pay? He is in some absolute shite at the moment, I'm avoiding movies he is in given a few I watched where he looks like he really could not give a flying fuck about acting.

Fatherhood 6/10.

Meh. Kevin Hart making a decent fist of a serious acting role. Not helped by his strangely unlikeable love interest in the second half of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back