The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The black phone 7/10

Doesn't feel very ground breaking, quite predictable and features what I feel is a few IT knock offs like the balloons and a scene with rail and a yellow coat. However we enjoyed it, cacked me pants a couple of times and there was genuine suspense almost throughout.

The Gray Man on Netflix

Starring Ryan Gosling as Topper Harley and Chris Evans as a rather convincing Jim Carrey.

Pap. 4/10.
Bit harsh I'd probably go 6/10. Chris Evans and the lad from Bridgerton were terrible though.
Elvis - 7.5 / 10. I thought the last couple of years of his life were a bit rushed. The early stuff with BB King, Little Richard etc were very good.

Thor- started brightly, slowed a bit too much, Bale decent as a sinister and yet sympathetic bad guy. Not as good as ragnarok but still a solid 7/10

3 Days of the Condor (1975) - 7/10 - Robert Redford/Faye Dunaway in political thriller. I really struggle to enjoy most modern movies. I'm not sure if it's an age thing (like musical tastes) - the pace of the movies these days mostly seems to try and do too much and can hardly hear the dialogue over the score. Anyway, I'm trying to watch a load of older/classic movies that I never got round to watching. Enjoyed this one, basically a CIA researcher comes back from lunch to find all his colleagues killed and he goes on the run trying to find out who's responsible.

Shoplifters 7/10
Parasite 7/10

Been on a Korean binge. Both great. 7/10 might be a bit harsh on both but I've seen them before. Definitely recommend them if you haven't watched either.

Reactions: mux
Shoplifters 7/10
Parasite 7/10

Been on a Korean binge. Both great. 7/10 might be a bit harsh on both but I've seen them before. Definitely recommend them if you haven't watched either.
Parasite is excellent. Reminds me a bit of Inside No. 9 (which is exceptional).

Never heard of shoplifters but will give it a go cheers!

3 Days of the Condor (1975) - 7/10 - Robert Redford/Faye Dunaway in political thriller. I really struggle to enjoy most modern movies. I'm not sure if it's an age thing (like musical tastes) - the pace of the movies these days mostly seems to try and do too much and can hardly hear the dialogue over the score. Anyway, I'm trying to watch a load of older/classic movies that I never got round to watching. Enjoyed this one, basically a CIA researcher comes back from lunch to find all his colleagues killed and he goes on the run trying to find out who's responsible.
A classic though the “relationship” is a bit iffy.

I read the book (seven days OTC iirc) and the follow up. Follow up books crap.

A classic though the “relationship” is a bit iffy.

I read the book (seven days OTC iirc) and the follow up. Follow up books crap.
Six Days of the Condor. Not sure what they cut out to make it Three! ;) Yes, you wouldn't get away with that relationship these days. Kidnapped woman falls for the kidnapper within hours and they have sex / he makes breakfast in the morning. :)

The Northman - second time trying to watch it. Pretty good visually but struggled with the accents. 7/10.

The black phone 7/10

Doesn't feel very ground breaking, quite predictable and features what I feel is a few IT knock offs like the balloons and a scene with rail and a yellow coat. However we enjoyed it, cacked me pants a couple of times and there was genuine suspense almost throughout.
Enjoyable fluff. Nowhere near a “horror” it claims to be but really likeable characters

The Batman 8/10

Didn't think I would have liked it which is why I waited ages until I had 3 hours free to watch it. I just thought it's like the 7th batman or something and the 3rd separate take on the same story. However I really enjoyed it, Pattison is a great batman and overall it's a good film and surprisingly wasn't bored at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back