The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

slow start, wasn’t really that into it then the 68 special came on, brilliantly filmed scene and the actor started to look like elvis...goosebumps at the if I can dream scene man. Then the Vegas years, loved it.

(bit too much of colonel Parker and didn’t think hanks was that great actually)

thought the last 20 minutes were outstanding, sad, powerful and emotional And loved the ending scene and then the song with the credits, had a little lump in my throat as I’m a soft shite (won’t spoil it by saying what happened last 10 Mins in particular)
first hour 5/10
last 90 mins 7/10
last 20 Mins 10/10

so erm an overall 7.33/10 😎

Last edited:
Hustle
One if Adam Sandlers better ones.

Was decent 7.5/10

Home Team
Bloke out of King of Queens plays the suspended coach of the New Orleans Saints who goes to Texas and ends up coaching his sons under 12 team. Based on a true story apparently

Was watchable 6/10

Hustle

Was decent 7.5/10

Home Team
Bloke out of King of Queens plays the suspended coach of the New Orleans Saints who goes to Texas and ends up coaching his sons under 12 team. Based on a true story apparently

Was watchable 6/10
Enjoyed both, not a Sandler fan but thought he was really good in this

Hustle

Was decent 7.5/10

Home Team

Was watchable 6/10

I've learnt my lesson with Adam Sandler films

Watched Steve McQueen's Papillon for the first time the other day on prime.

A classic that I had not watched until now.

Slow burner but good. Well acted by McQueen and Hoffman, based on a loose true story.

Recommended 8 out of 10
Also just noticed that the crow is on Netflix at the minute. Cult classic Lee is great.

Died during the filming from a loaded gun. All filming laws changed because of this. Nobody was allowed to point a gun, loaded with blanks or not at an individual. All films from this point where are guns are pointed are all just at clever angles.

Last edited:
The Survivor, hard hitting and some of it difficult to watch, 7.5 out of 10.
I watched them filming some of this a few years ago at Coney Island. They look over virtually the entire boardwalk, hundreds of extras were just strolling around in the costumes of the time. It was shooting under the title of Harry Haft back then. Not seen it yet, what platform did you see it on?

Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers
Surprisingly entertaining family flick that plays out like a cross between Who Framed Roger Rabbit mixed with Bojack Horseman.
We all watched this one and all liked it.
7/10

I watched them filming some of this a few years ago at Coney Island. They look over virtually the entire boardwalk, hundreds of extras were just strolling around in the costumes of the time. It was shooting under the title of Harry Haft back then. Not seen it yet, what platform did you see it on?

Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers
Surprisingly entertaining family flick that plays out like a cross between Who Framed Roger Rabbit mixed with Bojack Horseman.
We all watched this one and all liked it.
7/10

IPTV mate but it was hbo so I'm assuming it's been on sky

Anyone seen Men yet? bit awkward to search on here with it only been 3 letters. Just noticed it's available in the usual places but don't really want to watch 2 shite films in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back