The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Do Over

Two people fake their own deaths and take on new identities of 2 people who are wanted.

Awful. I'm not sure why I keep inflicting Adam Sandler films on myself. Crap acting and crap script. I turned it off at 44mins. 2/10

Snake 3 . This popped up in another video of films to watch 2022 including the new batman etc, they must have sneaked it in. 2/10 absolute rubbish, its like a crap Rampage cross between Jurassic park Godzilla rip off, even the dinosaurs are called indominous rex 🤣. I like monster movies but this just takes the piss. Luckily I watched it at work

Really surprised that this has turned out to be crap like mate.

Watched the hateful 8 for the first time yesterday.

Good refresh of the tried and tested who dunnit.

Good performances from the whole case with special mentions to Samuel l Jackson, Kurt Russell and Walton goggins.

Jackson plays a very complex character. A very skillful liar and you are never certain when he is bullshitting.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. 8/10

Imagine it can be a slow for some but I enjoy a slow burner with a good story.

Watched "I love you man" starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel last night, was a bit cringe, had a few funny moments but nothing much to write home about.
Basically Paul has nee mates and is on a quest to find some with his forthcoming wedding looming.
Give it 6/10, it was canny enough and helped me destress and wind down after a mint weekend.

Watched "I love you man" starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel last night, was a bit cringe, had a few funny moments but nothing much to write home about.
Basically Paul has nee mates and is on a quest to find some with his forthcoming wedding looming.
Give it 6/10, it was canny enough and helped me destress and wind down after a mint weekend.
AM SLAPPIN DA BASS MAN!!

It's a solid 4/4 perfect score from Mux.

See ya later city slicka!

Top Gub
maverick

8/10

just good fun, obv the plane scenes are tremendous.
cruise is quality as usual.

its a cinema film for me like.
Cruise quality? I can’t think of him ever being good in a film. Do like a few films he’s been in but rather they were good despite him. Not saying you’re wrong obviously but just surprised

Cruise quality? I can’t think of him ever being good in a film. Do like a few films he’s been in but rather they were good despite him. Not saying you’re wrong obviously but just surprised
I’m surprised your surprised. Proper modern movie star like and of course he can act..
Lot if his later work happens because of him.
Passing let movie maker if you Nars about Tommy like.

Anyway: a taster.

Collateral - superb
Valkyrie - tremendous in that.
Born on the 4th july - powerful, no doubt about that
Rain man - let Dustin shine and complimented him brilliantly
Mission impossible franchise - suited the part
American made - lighter side
Edge of tomorrow - thought he was brilliant in that
Tropic thunder - great cameo

I could go on….

I’m surprised your surprised. Proper modern movie star like and of course he can act..
Lot if his later work happens because of him.
Passing let movie maker if you Nars about Tommy like.

Anyway: a taster.

Collateral - superb
Valkyrie - tremendous in that.
Born on the 4th july - powerful, no doubt about that
Rain man - let Dustin shine and complimented him brilliantly
Mission impossible franchise - suited the part
American made - lighter side
Edge of tomorrow - thought he was brilliant in that
Tropic thunder - great cameo

I could go on….
I agree on collateral and I think that was a decent film. Mission Impossible I found very poor. Like I said though if you enjoy then that’s up to you so all good.

I particularly hated his performance in eyes wide shut which I love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back