The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes Always Never (Triple word score)

Slow-moving English filum about a bloke looking for is son who walked out after an argument over a game of scrabble. Quite liked it although nowt much happens 6/10.

Independence Day 7/10
Its a canny film about Aliens invading earth.

Snatch 8/10
Enjoyable crime caper.

The Lodge.

The best horra filum I've watched for a while. That bloke out of The Stranger (Netflix Series) and Patsy Kensit in an american horra with a couple of canny twists. The sign of a good filum is if the kids can act in it - if they can't the filum is goosed before it starts (note Coronation Street with the first Rosie "eat ya beans" Webster).
Solid 8/10.

Extraction

Thor stars alongside Captain America's stuntman in a film chockablock full of stunts, directed by the same stuntman.

Apart from a reasonably appealling car chase and subsequent ruck giving the impression of one take, it's all a bit meh.

The body count is so high it just becomes a bit boring.

5/10
Watched it last weekend, awful film

The Lodge.

The best horra filum I've watched for a while. That bloke out of The Stranger (Netflix Series) and Patsy Kensit in an american horra with a couple of canny twists. The sign of a good filum is if the kids can act in it - if they can't the filum is goosed before it starts (note Coronation Street with the first Rosie "eat ya beans" Webster).
Solid 8/10.
Eh? Patsy kensit? Nor.

Just Mercy 6/10

Good performances but I found it boring for the most part.

The revenant

9/10 and this is my third watch.

Pure class from Leo like.
Scenery and cinematography is stunning
Score is perfect
Gritty as fuck
Cracking performance from ginger Dom as the captain

What interested me about this was the change from the original.
Originally Leo's character is just left behind dying person left with him panics and leaves when Indians are incoming.
He recovers and vows to kill all the men that left him.
Gives more ambiguity about the whole revenge thing as the people he is hunting are not really bad.
Whilst the new one makes them proper "evil" so the public can enjoy their just desserts.

Fantasy Island.
Pile of shite, but an enjoyable pile of shite if you're spannered and want something easy on the eye (and brain).
5/10.

James Vs His Future Self. A young scientist is visited by his future self (played by Daniel Stern) in stopping his past self from inventing time travel and f***ing up his life. Actually really enjoyed this, a bit slow but very decent ending. Oh and Cleopatra Coleman.... wad

7/10

Extraction
6/10

Well made if predictable tale of a rescue in India, starring hemsworth. Who is, incidentally, almost bulletproof

Misbehaviour
5/10

Kiera Knightley stars as a mature student who ends up leading a protest against the Miss World competition. Bit boring

The Lodge
5.5/10

Atmospheric but ultimately pap horror, where a dad leaves his kids alone in a lodge miles into the frozen American wilderness with their new step mam- who the kids detest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back