The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to Kill

Steven Seagal is the man who wakes up from a coma after 7 years to avenge the murder of his wife. Ridiculous garbage. How the hell Seagal was ever briefly a thing I’ll never know. Just about watchable if you switch off. Could even be labelled daft fun. 3/10

Hard to Kill

Steven Seagal is the man who wakes up from a coma after 7 years to avenge the murder of his wife. Ridiculous garbage. How the hell Seagal was ever briefly a thing I’ll never know. Just about watchable if you switch off. Could even be labelled daft fun. 3/10
Seen it, your generous 1/10 😂 coma for that long, no muscle atrophy or weakness, just straight out of bed knacking people 😂 I like this scene "Wouldn't you like a little pussy Jon Dough?"

Hard to Kill

Watched this at the cinema when it came out :lol:

Watched Steve McQueen's Papillon for the first time the other day on prime.

A classic that I had not watched until now.

Slow burner but good. Well acted by McQueen and Hoffman, based on a loose true story.

Recommended 8 out of 10
Also just noticed that the crow is on Netflix at the minute. Cult classic Lee is great.

Died during the filming from a loaded gun. All filming laws changed because of this. Nobody was allowed to point a gun, loaded with blanks or not at an individual. All films from this point where are guns are pointed are all just at clever angles.
Anyone tell Baldwin?
Hard to Kill

Watching him run is hilarious.

Thor: Love and Thunder, I switched my brain off, got my large popcorn and looked to watch a fun comic book movie. It just didn’t work - tried to be too much like the previous film - as in too much like, also not that funny. Give the directors chair to someone else. If the next one is more of the same, I won’t bother.

5/10 - the 5 is for Christian Bales performance.

Elvis
6.5/10

Decent rundown of the King’s life. The live performances are the highlight, kinda loses its way during the storytelling bits imho

The Black Phone
6.3/10

Ok horror, decent storyline. Nothing new to see however. Very “Stranger Things” in its execution, iykwim

Elvis
6.5/10

Decent rundown of the King’s life. The live performances are the highlight, kinda loses its way during the storytelling bits imho

The Black Phone
6.3/10

Ok horror, decent storyline. Nothing new to see however. Very “Stranger Things” in its execution, iykwim
Agree elvis big let down for me and black phone would give an 8/10 and was very stranger things
Thor: Love and Thunder, I switched my brain off, got my large popcorn and looked to watch a fun comic book movie. It just didn’t work - tried to be too much like the previous film - as in too much like, also not that funny. Give the directors chair to someone else. If the next one is more of the same, I won’t bother.

5/10 - the 5 is for Christian Bales performance.
Agree not as good as last one, thought the last 45 minutes very enjoyable and bale was very good in it. Loved the screaming goats lol

Last edited:

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - 6/10. Quirky 70s movie with teenage Jodie Foster and a creepy Martin Sheen. This was from the same year (1976) as Taxi Driver and Bugsy Malone.​

The Good Liar - 6/10. Decent enough fraud comedy/drama with Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren.

Last edited:
Limbo [2020] 9/10

A funny and moving film about a group of refugees on a remote Scottish island waiting to be granted asylum.
Quite Wes Anderson-like.

Seen it, your generous 1/10 😂 coma for that long, no muscle atrophy or weakness, just straight out of bed knacking people 😂 I like this scene "Wouldn't you like a little pussy Jon Dough?"
Kelly Le Brock surely adds to score? She was tremendous and married to Seagal anarl the lucky git! I'd post certain Lady In Red & Weird Science gifs but risking warning so these few will have to do, though plenty more of her here.

Logon or register to see this image

Kelly Le Brock surely adds to score? She was tremendous and married to Seagal anarl the lucky git! I'd post certain Lady In Red & Weird Science gifs but risking warning so these few will have to do, though plenty more of her here.

Until it was dust.

The Gray Man on Netflix

Starring Ryan Gosling as Topper Harley and Chris Evans as a rather convincing Jim Carrey.

Pap. 4/10.

The Gray Man on Netflix

Starring Ryan Gosling as Topper Harley and Chris Evans as a rather convincing Jim Carrey.

Pap. 4/10.
Agree it was shite but I’d bump it up to a 7/10 for Ana De Armas though.

Everything Everywhere All At Once: I really enjoyed this, but didn't get that feeling till towards the end. Starts off a bit dull, moves into what's happening, to what the fuck, to ah I get it, then the tears (Had a moment). Not many films put you through this - 8/10
Weird and not sure what I think about it. Took too long. Might be good to watch on shrooms mind. 7/10 for now.

Jackie Chan's stunt double was canny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back