The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

U tell me what its about its a proper head bender and the ending well its total tosh..about a bird who goes to live in countryside after a life changing event then it goes down hill rapidly from there

Reactions: mux
The Black Phone

Ethan Hawke’s ‘The Grabber’ is snatching children around an American high school. Wearing a rather unsettling mask. Throw in some very tense scenes and a hint of the supernatural and you’ve got yet another very good Blumhouse release. Would recommend. 7.5/10

A film I’ve been meaning to watch for a while, they covered it on my favourite film podcast, The Rewatchables…

8mm
I really liked it. Cage is his usual manic self. It has a lot of noir influences with a hint of a thriller. Cage is the lawyer hired by a wealthy widower to investigate if her late husbands snuff film is real or fake. Everything I read told me it was bad, but I found it quite enjoyable and a decent 6/10. Only loses an extra .5 rating as I felt it lost its way in the third act with a few false endings.

The Black Phone

Ethan Hawke’s ‘The Grabber’ is snatching children around an American high school. Wearing a rather unsettling mask. Throw in some very tense scenes and a hint of the supernatural and you’ve got yet another very good Blumhouse release. Would recommend. 7.5/10
Off to see this tonight

I will second how shit men was. I feel like they were trying to make it odd for the sake of it. The bit at the end where the men were giving birth was very boring and dragged on for ages. It was fine until the stalker bloke turned into old gregg from the mighty boosh then all credibility was lost.

The Black Phone

Saw this yesterday, was expecting a horror but barring a couple of shocks its not really, probably the most horrible part is the bully getting punched to fuck at the start.

Its a decent twist on the race to find the abductee genre, with as you say, a bit of a supernatural twist. Very well done, paced, and acted, a solid 7 from me, enjoyed it.

Could have added a brilliant but very dark twist at the end though.

The black phone...just seen this movie at the pictures and really enjoyed it.. Blumhouse got this one spot on..couple of jumps, bit horror, couple funny moments and a film that ends knowing you don't have to go through numerous sequels. Solid 8.5/10

A film I’ve been meaning to watch for a while, they covered it on my favourite film podcast, The Rewatchables…

8mm
I really liked it. Cage is his usual manic self. It has a lot of noir influences with a hint of a thriller. Cage is the lawyer hired by a wealthy widower to investigate if her late husbands snuff film is real or fake. Everything I read told me it was bad, but I found it quite enjoyable and a decent 6/10. Only loses an extra .5 rating as I felt it lost its way in the third act with a few false endings.
The rewatchables is class. Particularly the Heat, Goodfellas and Godfather part 2 ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back