The SMB Movie thread 2020 to 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worth a watch though mate? trailer looks a bit bonkers.

Dune 2021.. enjoyed it, reminded me of the Prometheus movies and the latest Bladerunner in that its stunning to look at but not quite a great movie. Good cast, all do their stuff but the script is a bit naff in parts, bit too modern American for me. Its a bit of mess of cultures, there's Aboriginal/Maori, African, Arabic, Mongolian throat sounds...the baddies are for the most part bald and white (Gateshead?). Anyway the bloke who plays Paul is good, Rebecca Ferguson is fine. Looking forward to the next one. 7.5/10

Hotel Coolgardie. Aussie movie/documentary about life for a couple of female backpackers from Finland who end up at an arse end of the world mining town in the Aussie outback. Nothing like i expected, a fly on the wall documentary i thought was going to be funny rfomp/laughing at the local rednecks etc but ends up quite disturbing, some crazy people living in the outback, most drinking themselves senseless to forget stuff. Recommend a watch if you can find it (yify is a good place to start) 7.5

I stayed in Coober Pedy on an outback tour and it certainly had that feel about it. Not sure where the film is set, will check it out!

Had to switch off the new Matrix movie before I got to an hour, utter garbage. Also hated 2 and 3.

Watched Die Hard 1 and 2, so great to rewatch and enjoy without having to resort to advanced calculus to work out wtf is going on.

Disappointed with The War Below on Netflix, true store about professional miners helping the war effort in WW1. Low budget with poor dialogue and little real immersion about what those guys went through, shame to tell their story in that way.

Seared into my memory forever the bloody neck waddle!!!

Currently watching the Tina Turner gig on BBC2. I love her to bits. But sadly no sexy neck waddle in sight. I fear we may lose one of them next year. 😭

Mind, Streep was lovely as Thatcher. My biggest sexual fantasy. Though I probably shouldn't mention that on a NE forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: mux
Currently watching the Tina Turner gig on BBC2. I love her to bits. But sadly no sexy neck waddle in sight. I fear we may lose one of them next year. 😭

Mind, Streep was lovely as Thatcher. My biggest sexual fantasy. Though I probably shouldn't mention that on a NE forum.
Visions of the houses of Parliament and a furiously swinging handbag :lol:

As long as you make her wear a miner's helmet and call her a f***ing bitch while you're doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back