The Ruts

I can still remember listening to John Peel talking about Malcolm Owen when he died in 1980..was close to tears Peel like..he'd only seen Owen a couple of days before his death and had been trying to help him with his drug problems..shame..would love to have seen the original line up like.

:lol:

Thought you would have liked them like, a million miles away from the three chord thrash of most Beazer Homes League punk bands.

I used to be force fed shite like that and The Lurkers and Eater when I worked with an ex-punk and they’re all in the same boat! He was also a massive Gary Glitter fan so I think he might have been mentally ill

Played the Riverside last night, anyone go?

Heard they did The Crack from start to finish, great album, great band

@Harry Angstrom
Top show. really, really good run through The Crack, some singles and tracks off Grin and Bear It and some Ruts DC songs. The Professionals with Paul Cook on the drums from the Sex Pistols were great too. Did Silly Thing which is my favourite Pistols song too. I`d fling some photos up if I can figure out how to do it.

Did a thing on FB recently where you hoy your top 10 albums up..'The Crack' is a superb album..be top 5 for me like...I thought Paul Fox died a while back??
He did. It`s Seggs and Ruffy with Leigh Heggarty now.

I can still remember listening to John Peel talking about Malcolm Owen when he died in 1980..was close to tears Peel like..he'd only seen Owen a couple of days before his death and had been trying to help him with his drug problems..shame..would love to have seen the original line up like.
I interviewed Seggs last night and he`s still cut up about the death of Owen. They changed the name to Ruts DC to be able to carry on with their music but differentiate between The Ruts with Owen and the new band.

Last edited:
I used to be force fed shite like that and The Lurkers and Eater when I worked with an ex-punk and they’re all in the same boat! He was also a massive Gary Glitter fan so I think he might have been mentally ill

The Ruts are nowt like that shite man, never heard Staring at the Rudeboys?

Top show. really, really good run through The Crack, some singles and tracks off Grin and Bear It and some Ruts DC songs. The Professionals with Paul Cook on the drums from the Sex Pistols were great too. Did Silly Thing which is my favourite Pistols song too. I`d fling some photos up if I can figure out how to do it.

He did. It`s Seggs and Ruffy with Leigh Heggarty now.

I interviewed Seggs last night and he`s still cut up about the death of Owen. They changed the name to Ruts DC to be able to carry on with their music but differentiate between The Ruts with Owen and the new band.

Got some duff info then, I did think he had died like, had cancer IIRC

Get the photos up man

Last edited:

Back