The perfect bacon sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usual go to is smoked bacon, nice bun, fried duck egg but occasionally bacon, bun, tomato sauce and smidge of mustard or very rarely bacon and peanut butter.

I like a good wite bread, buttered with Lurpak, unsmoked thick cut back bacon, 3 or 4 tablespoons of baked beans fried in the bacon fat until they thicken.
All into a sandwich, no sauce.

Because butter goes on sandwiches. Why not on bacon?

Think you find most sandwiches shops put butter on every cold sandwich, but rarely on hot ones like bacon and sausage

Well at least the ones I have been too.
This is the stuff

Logon or register to see this image

And seeded granary bread.

Toasted.

Aye I have that when I have rice to spice it up, but only drops any more and it’s lethal:D

Last edited:
Think you find most sandwiches shops put butter on every cold sandwich, but rarely on hot ones like bacon and sausage

Well at least the ones I have been too.

That's all well and good, but why not have butter on a hot sandwich? Melted butter is a nice taste. I'm happy enough without it, but I like it as well, so when making it myself it's fine to add it.

cheap white bread
bit of butter
unsmoked bacon cooked until the fat is no longer stringy
small amount of thin sliced fried mushrooms
smear of brown sauce

That's all well and good, but why not have butter on a hot sandwich? Melted butter is a nice taste. I'm happy enough without it, but I like it as well, so when making it myself it's fine to add it.

Guess it’s personal choice, but I think bacon is one of those things that if quality tastes superb and does need adding to it.

Must admit love melted butter on toast, but would never have it on a bacon sandwich.

Guess it’s personal choice, but I think bacon is one of those things that if quality tastes superb and does need adding to it.

Must admit love melted butter on toast, but would never have it on a bacon sandwich.

I would happily eat bacon with no sauce and no butter. As i said earlier in the thread, all these suggestions sound good apart from marmalade. It's versatile and delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back