The Otley Run

Did it on a stag do 4 years ago, ends at the Drydock? Good day. Love Leeds

I’ve always seen it as more of a loosely defined route than an official list of pubs.

Once you’re at Dry Dock you may as well head into town…

No chance I’d make it that far these days if I’m drinking in every pub :lol:

Many years ago aye.
Anyone who says they've done it and had a pint in every pub is a Billy Bullshitter.
We did the run last year but didn't drink in every pub. Great day out though apart from twats dressed as the characters from Mario Kart.

Anyone who says they've done it and had a pint in every pub is a Billy Bullshitter.
We did the run last year but didn't drink in every pub. Great day out though apart from twats dressed as the characters from Mario Kart.

I reckon about 75% of people fall away during the big walk to the Hyde Park.

I’ve been sick in the side streets along that road quite a few times :lol:

Not done whole lot. Think we did 12 then went to see man power at chow down. I spewed all owa that day.
Edit : seems it wasn’t man power weekend that it was Dan avery at Belgrave.

Last edited:
Woodies is my local but can't go near the place on a Saturday afternoon now. Was always a pub crawl for students but it's gone mental now, see coaches pulling up from all over and it's mostly older people now. Can't imagine many get passed The Oak before heading into town/ pissing their Smurf costume
We managed it in uni, did Pub golf and had a specific drink in each pub with a par attached (shot = par 1, Guinness = par 5). You have to keep moving and need someone to round up stragglers. I did end up in a bush at 9.30pm staring at my feet while walking home on my tod.

Last edited:
As a student I lived at m Bodington Hall and as far as we were concerned we started from the middle of town and ended up in the bar at the halls of residence. It was a long walk from Woodies to Boddington!

Can you not do 17 pints like? On an all dayer?

Did a couple of them on Saturday then headed back into Leeds after Headingley Taps , use to love it when I was in uni

Last edited:
Did some of it back in the nineties for someone’s birthday who I didn’t know. Started with a bus journey out to Otley to have the first pints along with a giant Yorkshire pudding full of gravy.

Then a bus back to Otley Road and spent the day making our way down, ending in the Poly Bop. No idea how many pubs it involved, but it was nowhere near the number mentioned by some. Must have been a nice curated selection.

Back