The other protests this weekend (for Robinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd say it was probably the assault on the off-duty police officer who intervened to stop him beating up his BNP girlfriend.

Yeah, probably that over the mortgage fraud, the possession and use of a forged passport, or the starting a mass brawl between firms.
lambroflake and his merry men won't like this.

They don't want to silence him at all man. He's a pain in the arse to the authorities and little more. I think that the amount of money wasted on 'policing' TR is criminal in itself but he isn't being silenced. Again. You can do exactly the same as he. We all can - all it takes is the want to do it. TR isn't short...like everyone else these days he's focused on 'Brand Tommy' and this little episode in Leeds was just an extension of that. He knew his bail conditions and he thought he could just get around them but guess what. Never mind - he's the focus of attention yet again. Rallies in his honour. He won't mind this at all.
He's the UK's Nelson Mandela now.:lol:

I surprised they have not done a Special AKA song remix for him?

That's a horrible thing to say about an awful lot of different types of people. I don't know what your problem is but this is wrong on a number of levels

I think the problem a lot of people have with the EDL and Tommy Robinson is their exclusive focus on crimes with Islamic suspects and white victims, often using the ethnic aspect to paint a distorted and misleading picture about all Muslims and about all immigrants. They seem a lot less bothered about rape and sexual assault outside of those parameters.

It also seems the threshold for calling out right wing identity politics is a lot higher than for right wing identity politics, given you called it abhorrent when a black MP argued that white people have the scales tipped in their favour compared to black people in this country

I think the problem a lot of people have with the EDL and Tommy Robinson is their exclusive focus on crimes with Islamic suspects and white victims, often using the ethnic aspect to paint a distorted and misleading picture about all Muslims and about all immigrants. They seem a lot less bothered about rape and sexual assault outside of those parameters.

It also seems the threshold for calling out right wing identity politics is a lot higher than for right wing identity politics, given you called it abhorrent when a black MP argued that white people have the scales tipped in their favour compared to black people in this country
He didn't say TR and the EDL, he said his supporters of which people come from all different backgrounds.

I imagine their focus is on Islamic suspects because A) if you spread your focus too thin it weakens the overall argument B) What exactly would they protest? We don't want children being raped, no one does but the authorities have been on a mass cover up of Muslim grooming gangs, that's the distinction. They also are protesting for the release of TR by the way, not something I agree with but this isn't there only crux C) It is part of the wider concerns people have with the religion of peace, it is the number 1 reason for terrorism in this country and the number 1 shared trait of grooming gang members, people feel that this religion is far too often covered for by the government and media and does not receive the correct scrutiny it should be considering its place in the world right now.

"It also seems the threshold for calling out right wing identity politics is a lot higher than for right wing identity politics"
I don't know which way you intended to go with that so you will have to clarify for me to respond.

"given you called it abhorrent when a black MP argued that white people have the scales tipped in their favour compared to black people in this country"
David Lammy never argued.
And I didn't call what he said abhorrent, nor would I call what you have falsely claimed he said abhorrent.
But I'm not surprised you misrepresented what I said on something....... again.

I imagine their focus is on Islamic suspects because A) if you spread your focus too thin it weakens the overall argument B) What exactly would they protest? We don't want children being raped, no one does but the authorities have been on a mass cover up of Muslim grooming gangs, that's the distinction.

You said on another thread that everyone calls out identity politics on the Right, only fair to call them out on the left. You objected when I said there was a tendency to defend or rationalise it when it's the right wingers doing it. The above example is textbook. You're openly defending a focus on Islamic suspects, ignoring offences by white suspects. The argument implies that there are no failings in the investigation of crimes by non Islamic suspects, except failings including collusion, cover up and prejudice against victims has been documented for decades. The overall conviction rate is 6%. The only factor in failing to deal with the Rotherham etc gangs ever mentioned is the accusations of not wanting to arrest Muslims, but actual health workers representing the victims raised a number of other concerns and did not pick out the PC cover up factor as nearly a significant as it is made out by the right wing. It's the dictionary definition of identity politics yet here you are defending it.

But of course you didn't say that etc etc, splitting hairs and backtracking when you're pulled up on it

You said on another thread that everyone calls out identity politics on the Right, only fair to call them out on the left.
I did and it is.

You objected when I said there was a tendency to defend or rationalise it when it's the right wingers doing it.
There isn't a tendency to defend it, the tendency of most people is to rightly call it out as racist.

The above example is textbook. You're openly defending a focus on Islamic suspects, ignoring offences by white suspects.

The argument implies that there are no failings in the investigation of crimes by non Islamic suspects, except failings including collusion, cover up and prejudice against victims has been documented for decades. The overall conviction rate is 6%.
And when it comes out no one says it is because of PC culture, the papers cover it on mass and they have no problem identifying the possible causes. All 3 of which cannot be said of the muslim grooming gangs, not to mention the fact that Islam is the number 1 cause of terrorism in this country.

The only factor in failing to deal with the Rotherham etc gangs ever mentioned is the accusations of not wanting to arrest Muslims, but actual health workers representing the victims raised a number of other concerns and did not pick out the PC cover up factor as nearly a significant as it is made out by the right wing.
But it was still a factor unique to these scandals, even after that the media either refuse to cover the story or refuse to name the one thing connecting a majority of these grooming gang members.

It's the dictionary definition of identity politics yet here you are defending it.
No it is not.

But of course you didn't say that etc etc, splitting hairs and backtracking when you're pulled up on it

Well after I pointed out you had falsely represented what I said in the last post you've now ignored that entirely. Just because you don't like/cant't be arsed to deal with what people actually say and would rather spout what you wish they had said to give your argument some credence is not my problem. I am dealing in facts, if you do not wish to do so then fair enough but I won't let you post on a public forum accusatory things that I definitely did not say without rebuttal.

You said on another thread that everyone calls out identity politics on the Right, only fair to call them out on the left. You objected when I said there was a tendency to defend or rationalise it when it's the right wingers doing it. The above example is textbook. You're openly defending a focus on Islamic suspects, ignoring offences by white suspects. The argument implies that there are no failings in the investigation of crimes by non Islamic suspects, except failings including collusion, cover up and prejudice against victims has been documented for decades. The overall conviction rate is 6%. The only factor in failing to deal with the Rotherham etc gangs ever mentioned is the accusations of not wanting to arrest Muslims, but actual health workers representing the victims raised a number of other concerns and did not pick out the PC cover up factor as nearly a significant as it is made out by the right wing.
Exacly. There is no distinction between muslim grooming gangs and those who abused kids from the established churches...or the Savile's, Glitters, Cyril Smiths, Stuart Halls or Rolf Harris's of this world. There really isn't but if the myth that there is gets repeated enough times it becomes so in the public consciousness - there was a woman last week who was being raped as a child since the 1980s...she told the police in the 1980s and yet she only saw her 'white' perpetrators sent down a few days ago - she cried rape but no one believed her for decades. It's a big f***ing lie that any distinction exists.

The 1989 Childrens Act wasn't just ignored so that those from one small section of society could continue their criminal activities - it was ignored full stop and it affected children who continued to suffer abuse in every section of society for decades after the bill was passed through parliament.

I did and it is.

There isn't a tendency to defend it, the tendency of most people is to rightly call it out as racist.

And when it comes out no one says it is because of PC culture, the papers cover it on mass and they have no problem identifying the possible causes. All 3 of which cannot be said of the muslim grooming gangs, not to mention the fact that Islam is the number 1 cause of terrorism in this country.

But it was still a factor unique to these scandals, even after that the media either refuse to cover the story or refuse to name the one thing connecting a majority of these grooming gang members.

No it is not.

Well after I pointed out you had falsely represented what I said in the last post you've now ignored that entirely. Just because you don't like/cant't be arsed to deal with what people actually say and would rather spout what you wish they had said to give your argument some credence is not my problem. I am dealing in facts, if you do not wish to do so then fair enough but I won't let you post on a public forum accusatory things that I definitely did not say without rebuttal.

I haven't falsely represented it at all. You're massively hypocritical on this topic and your hairsplitting is fooling no one.

And when it comes out no one says it is because of PC culture, the papers cover it on mass and they have no problem identifying the possible causes.

And this bit? Bullshit. There is in fact a strong backlash by some on the right against better responses to rape and sexual assault cases. Campaigners and victim support groups say they're still fighting an uphill struggle to get a better approach.

Last edited:
I haven't falsely represented it at all. You're massively hypocritical on this topic and your hairsplitting is fooling no one.
You did..
given you called it abhorrent when a black MP argued that white people have the scales tipped in their favour compared to black people in this country
I didn't say that. False representation.

Quote one example where I have been massively hypocritical. If I am so massively hypocritical it will be easy to prove right?

And this bit? Bullshit. There is in fact a strong backlash by some on the right against better responses to rape and sexual assault cases. Campaigners and victim support groups say they're still fighting an uphill struggle to get a better approach.
Which the national media have no problem reporting on. But when it is a grooming gang in rotherham or rochdale or oxford or newcastle or telford or anywhere else with thousands of victims the national media either barely report it (it is put back as a news story), it is not covered at all by some media outlets and every single one never name the one thing the vast majority of the groomers have in common.

Are the Football Lads Alliance Another Far-Right Street Movement?

Canny long article but worth a read.

The more up to date Wiki article has them firmly in the far-Right camp now.

I have done quite a bit of work around the FLA since last year. As the article says, it started off as a group against extremists, then moved over to the right itself. This year they have been involved in 3 events I have been involved with. The free tommy demo which resulted in violence back in June, the Al Quds day the following day and then the free tommy demo a couple of weeks ago. There were plenty present at the FLA side of things who are well known as EDL, South East alliance, North West Infidels etc. It’s just another attempt to try and make themselves look respectable, that mask generally slips on their first or second event though

Good afternoon.

This is your reminder that Stephen "Tommy Robinson" Yaxley-Lennon is a serial offender with numerous criminal convictions, including assaulting a police officer.
He is being championed by Steve Bannon who is now trying to set up Far Right organisations in Europe.
Fascism is on the rise again.
Bannon and "Tommy" whatever he's going by this week need to be challenged at every opportunity.

Good afternoon.

This is your reminder that Stephen "Tommy Robinson" Yaxley-Lennon is a serial offender with numerous criminal convictions, including assaulting a police officer.
He is being championed by Steve Bannon who is now trying to set up Far Right organisations in Europe.
Fascism is on the rise again.
Bannon and "Tommy" whatever he's going by this week need to be challenged at every opportunity.

Please feel free to pop in and post anytime. :cool:

Exacly. There is no distinction between muslim grooming gangs and those who abused kids from the established churches...or the Savile's, Glitters, Cyril Smiths, Stuart Halls or Rolf Harris's of this world. There really isn't but if the myth that there is gets repeated enough times it becomes so in the public consciousness - there was a woman last week who was being raped as a child since the 1980s...she told the police in the 1980s and yet she only saw her 'white' perpetrators sent down a few days ago - she cried rape but no one believed her for decades. It's a big f***ing lie that any distinction exists.

The 1989 Childrens Act wasn't just ignored so that those from one small section of society could continue their criminal activities - it was ignored full stop and it affected children who continued to suffer abuse in every section of society for decades after the bill was passed through parliament.

There is, only white girls are targeted by the Islamic grooming gangs, I wonder why?

I'd say it was probably the assault on the off-duty police officer who intervened to stop him beating up his BNP girlfriend.

Yeah, probably that over the mortgage fraud, the possession and use of a forged passport, or the starting a mass brawl between firms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back