The Ordinary Boys - Over The Counter Culture

Absolutely crap. Seen them early doors at Newcastle. Was a skinny lad wearing shoes longer than snooker cues lurking near the bar who we were taking the piss out of. Turned out to be the lead singer :lol:

What was that all about? Only really listened to their first two albums but like them.
Preston (the lead singer) had disappeared up his own arse after appearing on Celebrity Big Brother. He ended up marrying another big brother contestant. She was not a celebrity but was put in the house to pretend to be one. Preston later appeared on an episode of Never Mind The Buzzcocks hosted by Simon Amstel who was usually hard on the guests. It was known that you have to be able to laugh at yourself to survive the show. Chantelle (Prestons wife) had recently released an autobiography. Simon Amstel red a few quotes from it. Preston didn't like the tone and srormed off, coming across as a grade A twat.

What was that all about? Only really listened to their first two albums but like them.
Mark Lamarr was taking the piss out of that tart off Big Brother that he married so he stormed off and they found someone in the audience that looked a bit like him to take his place. Actually might have been that other lad that took over from Mark Lamarr, the one with the curly hair.

saw them around the time the first album come out, canny enough gig imo. on a par with kaiser chiefs and other retrogressive indie types from around that era 2004 mate iirc

Enjoyed their first 3 albums and listened to them a lot. I don't think I listened to them once since the 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks incident'.

Aye Brassbound was good, hated the third album like.

Absolutely crap. Seen them early doors at Newcastle. Was a skinny lad wearing shoes longer than snooker cues lurking near the bar who we were taking the piss out of. Turned out to be the lead singer :lol:

Was that when The Cribs were supporting? If it was it was a class gig apart from there was hell on everywhere you looked as loads of old skinheads were in causing bother with anyone who looked at them.

Preston (the lead singer) had disappeared up his own arse after appearing on Celebrity Big Brother. He ended up marrying another big brother contestant. She was not a celebrity but was put in the house to pretend to be one. Preston later appeared on an episode of Never Mind The Buzzcocks hosted by Simon Amstel who was usually hard on the guests. It was known that you have to be able to laugh at yourself to survive the show. Chantelle (Prestons wife) had recently released an autobiography. Simon Amstel red a few quotes from it. Preston didn't like the tone and srormed off, coming across as a grade A twat.
I’m sure I read somewhere that he as wrote/produced some great tunes for other people. Could be a dream like.

Back