The Order 1886

payne

Striker
Just played through this and quite surprised how good it is. I think it got hammered because it's real short and the boss battles are poor quick time events.

The London setting and sci fi elements are quality and the graphics are amazing.

Anyone else played it and has some thoughts?

It was on sale when I got it as I do think full price is a bit much for a 6 hour game

Just played through this and quite surprised how good it is. I think it got hammered because it's real short and the boss battles are poor quick time events.

The London setting and sci fi elements are quality and the graphics are amazing.

Anyone else played it and has some thoughts?

It was on sale when I got it as I do think full price is a bit much for a 6 hour game
I played it at the time and really enjoyed it. Was always a bit baffled about why it got blasted so much.

it’s not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but was good fun.

It was absolutely shite. The werewolf battles were insulting when you figured out you could just stand there and counter them. They spent far too much time making it look pretty and seemingly no time on programming the AI or honing the gameplay for me.

It was absolutely shite. The werewolf battles were insulting when you figured out you could just stand there and counter them. They spent far too much time making it look pretty and seemingly no time on programming the AI or honing the gameplay for me.

I agree the boss battles were shit and the warewolf encounters repetitive but I enjoyed the rest of the game. The shotgun enemies were a chore like, I'd shoot them 30 times and they still wouldn't die.

Why, man, the gameplay was f***ing pitiful. Enemies wouldn't move from their positions, they just popped up and down from cover every few seconds like they were on pogo sticks meaning you didn't have to readjust your aim, you just waited for them to raise their heads up and bang. That's like PSOne budget title levels of poor programming. Looked great, played like an absolute dog.

Why, man, the gameplay was f***ing pitiful. Enemies wouldn't move from their positions, they just popped up and down from cover every few seconds like they were on pogo sticks meaning you didn't have to readjust your aim, you just waited for them to raise their heads up and bang. That's like PSOne budget title levels of poor programming. Looked great, played like an absolute dog.
:lol: I'm just laughing cause I knew that post was incoming!
It wasn't the best game ever by any stretch but they were trying something relatively new with the style. It engaged me and I enjoyed the play through which is what I'm looking for in a game.

I've sacked off many other supposedly better games because they bored the tits off me.

Back