The new lads

I’m a bit concerned about the Defoe link. I love JD and of course would be happy if he gave us six months and then went onto be involved within the club coaching. I think that sentimental signings like JD and Leadbitter prevent the club maybe getting a younger player through the doors that can stay with the club for years and develop. Hopefully the recruitment team have something in the pipeline

If another club was signing Defoe, I’ve no doubt it’d be seen as a shrewd move on here and the club would be gipped for not getting him.

Not for me, I'd have rather of got Roberts over the line. Tis exciting.

Although it hasn't been mentioned a great deal, they both play RW, Roberts as an inside forward and Clarke as a winger, will be interesting as to how we set up.

I’m not sure why people want a CM in so desperately, I know Evans struggles to stay fit but I’m a big fan of Winchester and think he can do that job very well if he’s not standing in as a makeshift right back.

It’s clear from the signings that LJ wants to get back to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 as soon as possible and I think we are well covered in midfield.

IMO Batth was the key signing to shore up our defence and give the 2 in front some cover.

From now on its going to be a real scrap to get on the team sheet . Once the whistle goes its up to the selected eleven to put in a top - top performance or they will be out .

Speaking to a Boro supporting pal today and he said Roberts had a heart like a pea, just have to wait and see although I personally think Clarke will be hungrier.
Think it's more important we get a striker than CM as we are goosed if Stewart gets injured.

Speaking to a Boro supporting pal today and he said Roberts had a heart like a pea, just have to wait and see although I personally think Clarke will be hungrier.
Think it's more important we get a striker than CM as we are goosed if Stewart gets injured.
Opposite for me ,I married a smoggy and all her family are season ticket holders.They say they have never seen a player go past players so easily,the only criticism was having dribbled he sometimes over does it.Mind it was a while ago at boro so we will soon find out

Opposite for me ,I married a smoggy and all her family are season ticket holders.They say they have never seen a player go past players so easily,the only criticism was having dribbled he sometimes over does it.Mind it was a while ago at boro so we will soon find out
We've already got someone who does that, Lynden Gooch.

We've yet to see 3 of the 4 signings play. Let's hope we get a debut or two soon - not to mention Arby.

Just to confirm we have brought in a 24yr old winger from Man City who is hugely talented and a 21yr old winger from Spurs who has also been highly rated everywhere he has played. Yet to see these lads step on the pitch. The romance of Defoe coming has completely overshadowed these two additions who will play a massive part in our promotion push, more so than Defoe would.
Too right and not overshadowed for me. Over the moon with these signings

Calls for a big beast of a centre midfielder are understandable but every team looking to strengthen always seem to want the same thing.

Any big, strong, mobile midfielder who can win, control and pass the football to the required level will probably be in the championship at least.

In league one we’d probably get someone who’s bigger and stronger than Evans, Winchester or O’Nien but not as capable when it came to protecting the ball and passing it to a teammate.

I’d rather see another centre half of Batth’s standard come in.

Back