The moon

The Moon’s diameter is around 3,400km. The Sun’s is 1,400,000 km, about 400 times bigger. By a coincidence the Moon is about 384,000km from the earth and the Sun 150,000,000km, that’s about 400 times further away. So from an observer’s perspective the size and distance cancel each other out and they appear to us on Earth about the same size in the sky.

Coincidence or by design?
There is a God after all.

It's a great pity Nasa decided to destroy all the technology, back in the day, to visit again any time soon. Schwarzy will be a little old man by then 😂

The Moon’s diameter is around 3,400km. The Sun’s is 1,400,000 km, about 400 times bigger. By a coincidence the Moon is about 384,000km from the earth and the Sun 150,000,000km, that’s about 400 times further away. So from an observer’s perspective the size and distance cancel each other out and they appear to us on Earth about the same size in the sky.

Coincidence or by design?
And all the planets would fit perfectly in the space between the earth and the moon.

Bought a proper telescope a few weeks back. Waited for a clear night, had a few brews and then took a look at a full moon. Me and my pal couldn't get over how amazing it was. Blew my mind.
What scope did you get?
On my list of things to get that I never actually do along with an air rifle, pizza oven, VW camper and blue whippet puppy or Bedlington/ whippet cross.

Logon or register to see this image
Thanks to your post op, instead of turning in early , Sat in a field in the Yorkshire Dales, 3 bottles of black sheep deep, staring at the moon and starry sky, rabbits in the field, an owl in the tree behind me hooting away, and a tree illuminated by the moon. Absolute heaven. I have to keep moving my seat as the moon goes behind the tree, apart from that, perfect.

Thanks to your post op, instead of turning in early , Sat in a field in the Yorkshire Dales, 3 bottles of black sheep deep, staring at the moon and starry sky, rabbits in the field, an owl in the tree behind me hooting away, and a tree illuminated by the moon. Absolute heaven. I have to keep moving my seat as the moon goes behind the tree, apart from that, perfect.
Fantastic location.

Bought a proper telescope a few weeks back. Waited for a clear night, had a few brews and then took a look at a full moon. Me and my pal couldn't get over how amazing it was. Blew my mind.
The full moon is one of the worst times to view it, try it again soon when it is only partial. You get all sorts of shadows and the craters really come ‘alive’.

There’s rumours that people landed on the moon about 50 years ago, put a flag in the ground and had a bit look around. Personally can’t see it myself, too much doesn’t add up, but these things do persist. When’s it going to end I ask you.

Looked class didn't it.

Could I bollocks work out how to get a canny picture of it on me phone.
Love bunny rabbits me.

Back