WMS The Monday Show: Sunderland defeat Stoke

RTG

Robot
Staff member

Minutes from the RAWA meeting - “Is there that much to analyse?” they ask.

How about the minutes confirming that WMS were totally incorrect when they accused SAFC of swapping allocation for 100% of gate receipts (which would have been in breech of FA Cup rules).

Thought not…. Move on.

The crack about 09 at CB is ridiculous. You don’t have to be 6.4 tanks to play CB. Probably the 2 best Cbs I’ve ever seen in Baresi and Cannavaro were 5”9. I’m sure Puyol wasn’t 6 ft.

09 has got better and better and better since he’s been here in every position. Against the best oposition we’ve played against ie the Mags , he was the pick of our CBs.

Rate the podcast but 09 is the least of our problems. We r blessed he’s ours.

The crack about 09 at CB is ridiculous. You don’t have to be 6.4 tanks to play CB. Probably the 2 best Cbs I’ve ever seen in Baresi and Cannavaro were 5”9. I’m sure Puyol wasn’t 6 ft.

09 has got better and better and better since he’s been here in every position. Against the best oposition we’ve played against ie the Mags , he was the pick of our CBs.

Rate the podcast but 09 is the least of our problems. We r blessed he’s ours.
One of the points made is that Seelt, while doing a decent job at RB doesn't have it in his locker to beat a man and bomb down the wing.
O'Nien showed that in League One and has the potential to do that in the Championship. Seelt is a more natural centre-half
Does it not make sense to play players in the position they are most suited to or best strengthen the team?

The crack about 09 at CB is ridiculous. You don’t have to be 6.4 tanks to play CB. Probably the 2 best Cbs I’ve ever seen in Baresi and
One of the points made is that Seelt, while doing a decent job at RB doesn't have it in his locker to beat a man and bomb down the wing.
O'Nien showed that in League One and has the potential to do that in the Championship. Seelt is a more natural centre-half
Does it not make sense to play players in the position they are most suited to or best strengthen the team?
Listening now and that’s what I took from it. Host even made the point he wasn’t having a go at O Nien but saying he was a good RB

‘He a midfielder playing CB”
“He not a CB, Ballard is a CB”
The lad does say, this isn’t meant to be me having a go a LON playing CB, and goes on to make your point. But I listen to the podcast most weeks and it’s the same crack every week about 09.

I think right now, when the team is “fragile”, keeping the same CB pairing is probably the smart move. 09 being in the right place to clear a shot that was going in at 0-0 backs that up.

Seelt will get his chance at CB at some point and he’s looking decent a RB.

But my point is, get off 09s case at CB, it’s the same crack every week. There’s no reason he won’t continue to improve in the role and would be surprised to see him captaining us there in the prem .

‘He a midfielder playing CB”
“He not a CB, Ballard is a CB”
Both of those statements are correct.
O'Nien was signed as a midfielder (No 10 actually and I think he's only played one game there for us).
He's not a natural CB. That's not to say he hasn't done a good job there or shouldn't play there again, but if we have a shortage at RB the most obvious selection is O'Nien there and Seelt given a chance at CB

Bit unnecessarily twisty this week I think.
I think that’s harsh it’s funny cos when everyone went into chaos on FB and X about Beale they were quite level headed about it but ppl are back to calling them twisty. Not sure saying they’d switch round the position of two players is twisty. They also didn’t slag off anyone’s performance from the weekend or anything like
Listened a few times and every time it’s made me want to stick my heed in the oven
You might get a rise if you do this mate

I think that’s harsh it’s funny cos when everyone went into chaos on FB and X about Beale they were quite level headed about it but ppl are back to calling them twisty. Not sure saying they’d switch round the position of two players is twisty. They also didn’t slag off anyone’s performance from the weekend or anything like

You might get a rise if you do this mate
I’m normally a big fan and agree with most of what they say, especially Gareth.
Just thought they went a bit far on the club are dishonest about everything towards the end.

They all on that podcast seem to dislike O’Nein like, it’s very strange
At least one of them does and is vocal about it but the others tend to think he should be playing in the team is how I hear it. They just think he would be better in cdm or fullback which to be fair is what most people I go to the match with say. Maybe they could challenge or debate that more with the vocal one (Matt I think).

Back