The Lake Poets

Let's hope they go on to great things because of the exposure
The problem these days is that we're told what to listen to. Urban music, BBC Asian network? Imagine if someone launched the white North East folk music channel these days. I better stop now though as Craig Bellamy will accuse me of being racist and in need of educating.

Talent there. Great to see an unpretentious lad just belting out some cracking songs. Used to happen all the time, so good luck to him. I'll buy!

The problem these days is that we're told what to listen to. Urban music, BBC Asian network? Imagine if someone launched the white North East folk music channel these days. I better stop now though as Craig Bellamy will accuse me of being racist and in need of educating.

And ye Gods, imagine the horror. Being re-educated by Craig Bellamy!

Talent there. Great to see an unpretentious lad just belting out some cracking songs. Used to happen all the time, so good luck to him. I'll buy!

And ye Gods, imagine the horror. Being re-educated by Craig Bellamy!
Not sure if you seen it today, but his rant about racism in football and linking it to towns that voted leave was something else. Being proud of your roots isn't racist. How he can compare people who come from West London to people from the North East though is baffling. Obviously he didn't do that directly, but his rant was random to say the least.

Last edited:

What are you on about?

I might be with Craig Bellamy

I was just referring mainly to your madcap point about being told to listen to urban music and BBC Asian network. It’s absolute nonsense man.
You've missed the point. I'm sure like me you listen to what you want to? Sometimes it feels as though music is fabricated to ensure equality. Let's leave it though eh? The lad has talent, he's from our city and I hope he has a hell of a career.

You've missed the point. I'm sure like me you listen to what you want to? Sometimes it feels as though music is fabricated to ensure equality. Let's leave it though eh? The lad has talent, he's from our city and I hope he has a hell of a career.

I’ve missed no point I just think it was nonsense. I don’t think I remember having urban music or the BBC Asian network rammed down my throat any more than I have with a network such as Radio 2 that repeats the pap put out by Mumford and Sons, George Ezra, Ed Sheeran et al throughout the day.

Lake Poets has been about a few years. He’s a talented lad and hope this Netflix series makes him a few quid at least

Back