The jumbo jet - 50 years in the sky

For a project they bet the company on, and designed it in a way that it can be a freighter if all else fails, it has done amazingly.

The old Lockheed Tristars were my favourite for comfort and space.

Now I know how a sardine must feel.

Best airliner of all time imo , love the 747 me. Great year 1969 , 747 and Concordes first flights , moon landing and the best car ever made , The Ford Capri , was launched :) - oh also on the same day as the Moon Landing , a certain poster from Berwick was being born in Sunderland Maternity Hospital....

I've never known nor cared what f***ing type of aeroplane I've happened to be flying on, like.

Fair play to people who do, bit like trainspotters?

Similar to myself to be honest. I've recently noticed that dreamliners seem to be canny but usually don't take any notice of the plane I'm on other than how many seats in a row it has and try my best not to end up in a middle seat

Only been on 2 on way to America and back. When on the runway they don't seem to move that fast then when it starts to lift off you get the feeling of how heavy it is. It's like it's not going to make it then it just keeps going and going. Strangest feeling take off in one of them as opposed to other aircraft when they take off relatively easy .

Got the jumbo back from Vegas last year, BA, it must have been one of the first ones, very dated now. Not a patch on the Dreamliner

Back