The irony of being given a praktica kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Icarebecauseyoudo

Nice sturdy camera working well, four lenses, the standard lens being a very clean Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm

Value - Fck all

Stick the same lens on a Leica and you have a kit worth hundreds, thousands if you have the right Leica

Told em to feck off and bring me a Leica instead ;)

My first camera was a MTL5B, with a 28mm, 50mm and 135mm. The wife (nope!) then my girlfriend bought it out of the catalogue for me for £189 in 1985. I spent £20 on her cos thats what we agreed on!! I felt crap and ecstatic at the sime time.

My first camera was a MTL5B, with a 28mm, 50mm and 135mm. The wife (nope!) then my girlfriend bought it out of the catalogue for me for £189 in 1985. I spent £20 on her cos thats what we agreed on!! I felt crap and ecstatic at the sime time.

Same model and similar lenses :lol:

What happened to it? ;)

What happened to it? ;)

Think I may have to check stolencamera.com!!

Back in those days I was working in Youth and Community for really poor money, Less than £60 a week so I sold it to upgrade to a Canon T80 (mistake!!). That Didnt last long and I went for the Minolta 7000i after that. Also had Pentax ME super and a Canon AE1 Program somewhere along the way.
I lost interest in photography when I had my first kid and had to move house, meant I lost my darkroom so I flogged all my kit except a Zorki 4K + 50mm (or52mm) jupiter lens which I still have but havent used for twenty years.
Got back into it about 4 years ago with a canon 400d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back