The Irish

Won't be many minging green nibblers like that in the World Cup. Oh no, they are going to prepare pitches for 400+ totals. Not only is it what they think the spectators want to see, it also massively plays to English strengths. So don't think you can judge much on that.

Also, absolutely no way Plunkett will miss out - he's in the squad all day, integral part of the set-up. Even more likely that Wood would miss out tbh, but that won't happen either if he's fit - always the if.

For his pace, death bowling and X factor, they'll pick Archer unless he has an absolute stinker against Pakistan. They should do too. We don't need three 80mph, occasionally swinging line-bowlers in the squad who can carry a bat - so for me it's two from Woakes, Willey and Curran. Woakes has statistically been our best bowler over the last few years, but his form is rotten. They'll still pick him and rightly so mind - so one from the other two. Would have said Willey because he's a lefty but Curran might have more character on that display...

Not sure what the point of Denley is mind - so aye would be open to Foakes or even the unlucky bowler from above conversation replacing him. If one of Ali or Rashid goes down, we'll just pick pace, so why not?

Everyone assumed as much for the Champions Trophy too, and there was much hand-wringing when the ICC prepared balanced pitches...

Was it sniff? I was wondering...

Tbh, it sounds like they - that is the squad - just can't stand the guy and want shot of him. Stokesy apparently not a fan at all anymore. Bit of ching seems to have been a convenient excuse to get rid.

Hmmmm I wonder if he hung Stokes out to dry hence his convenient lack of presence at court.....?

I was joking mate

Consider me whooosed :lol:

Everyone assumed as much for the Champions Trophy too, and there was much hand-wringing when the ICC prepared balanced pitches...

Aye, I know - but the Indians (and England) were well fucked off with it how the semis/final panned out pitch-wise, so I think the powers in the room will prevail this time...

Aye, I know - but the Indians (and England) were well fucked off with it how the semis/final panned out pitch-wise, so I think the powers in the room will prevail this time...

I dont know what fans want to see the bowlers taken out of the game. Pakistan scored 300+ in the final, but the bowlers were rewarded as well. Thought it was a good spectacle.

"To be fair it probably was just about" (Ward)
Got the C team out today like. Ward is like the Denly of Sky. Knight is Malan.

Aye, noticed the comms box was full of knackers. All the proper lads have given this one a swerve :lol:

Similar to the players actually.

Aye, noticed the comms box was full of knackers. All the proper lads have given this one a swerve :lol:

Wish I'd swerved it, baltic today. Top order got themselves out with the exception of Morgan. Managed to avoid the complete collapse thanks to Woakes and Curran but wouldn't have stood a chance against a better side (appreciate we had half a team out)

Athers was there tbf.

I'd have been allover it. And not legging it back for an T20 against Pakistan either. A bank holiday weekend 'working' in Dublin - oh go on then, twist my arm.

I dont know what fans want to see the bowlers taken out of the game. Pakistan scored 300+ in the final, but the bowlers were rewarded as well. Thought it was a good spectacle.

I don't mate and I don't think many cricket fans do, they want to see a proper contest. But the fairweather fans who drop in only for the World Cup seem to love the big hitting. And there is a lot more of them than there is us, sadly, at least in global terms.

To be honest, if its played on 400+ drop-ins then it really does suit England this time. If you'd said I'd be typing that sentence four years ago I'd have thought you clinically insane, but there we are.

Last edited:

Back