The Home workout and advice thread

I thought I would create a thread where people can share what workouts and exercises they are doing at home so that others can get tips and share ideas with the gyms being closed. I understand most will have very limited equipment at home so it's also a good opportunity to improvise and give ideas of how to mix things up without using much / any equipment.

Ive been doing the following 5 days per week (Monday - Friday) but have recently relaxed it to 3 times per week as I felt I was burning myself out and felt constantly fatigued.

100 push ups (split into 4x25 throughout the day)
100 dips (again split into 4x25, just use the stairs in your house)
50 squats
100 bicep curls (10kg, 50 reps on each arm)
100 hammer curls (10kg, 50 reps on each arm)
100 lateral raises (10kg, 50 reps on each arm)
100 in front lateral raises (if that's even that they're called, same weight and reps as above).

I usually go for a 3-5 mile walk on an evening as well unless it's lashing down.

I would definately recommend push ups for anyone who wants to work on their chest but doesn't have a bench and weights, there's simply no better way to do it. Make sure you start off focusing on form rather than reps to make sure you avoid injury.

Looking to reduce the reps of my dumbell exercises to 3x10 sets as I'm currently doing the 50s in one set. I'm unable to do this at the minute though as I'm really struggling to find any cast iron plates and I refuse to pay the current rate (£80+) for another 20kg set.

Last edited:

Looking to reduce the reps of my dumbell exercises to 3x10 sets as I'm currently doing the 50s in one set. I'm unable to do this at the minute though as I'm really struggling to find any cast iron plates and I refuse to pay the current rate (£80+) for another 20kg set.
Just do each rep at least twice as slow

Back