The Hateful Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantino does it again! Tremendous film.

I was expecting it to be similar to Django (which I loved) after reading the description but it was completely different.

Well worth a watch if you have 3 hours to kill
Good call.Really enjoying it.

Its the length that's putting me off. I didn't watch django for about 18 months due to actually finding the time to watch the bugger.

Kill bill was f***ing shit. Twice.

I prefer longer movies. Much better than a rushed 90 minute one. It's definitely worth watching

Watched it tonight with the Mrs. Was canny but I don't thing it's his best....thinking of the other films he's done it may be his worst.

It's "cult" enough to be Oscar bait though and I'll definately be giving it another view in the next week or two

Thought it was excellent.

It's had mixed reviews, I'm not sure why. I'd rank it with Django Unchained and Inglourious Basterds. For me, he's hit his prime, and is finally fulfilling the promise of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction after losing his way for a decade or so.

Just saw the special 70mm screening. Other than the chapters before they entered the store, it was largely a waste of good film. No reason for the extended widescreen in a drab indoor setting. Everything in the snow looked great.

Overall it's one of his poorer efforts. Definitely not up there with Inglorious Basterds or Pulp Fiction which I love.

Just saw the special 70mm screening. Other than the chapters before they entered the store, it was largely a waste of good film. No reason for the extended widescreen in a drab indoor setting. Everything in the snow looked great.

Overall it's one of his poorer efforts. Definitely not up there with Inglorious Basterds or Pulp Fiction which I love.

Thankyou for that, Barry Norman. What is the last film you made? I'd like to check it out. ;);)

It's all subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back