The Future of Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep just came to post this.

Interesting, sobering and a little sad.

The games gone.

As it says repeatedly through the article, it’s simply entertainment business. That’s their only plans for it and all they want.

Interesting the comparison to Barcelona, one of the super clubs but the approach was too much for even them, “owned by their fans and rooted in Catalonia”.

It’s just not sport any more at City, PSG etc.

The games gone.

As it says repeatedly through the article, it’s simply entertainment business. That’s their only plans for it and all they want.

Interesting the comparison to Barcelona, one of the super clubs but the approach was too much for even them, “owned by their fans and rooted in Catalonia”.

Couldn't agree more and UEFA & FIFA will roll over and have their bellies tickled while they still support their competitions and have access to the gravy train

The games gone.

A little sad!!! It's f***ing tragic what has happened to our sport, and by that I mean the working man's sport, over the last 20 years. A money making exercise for the mega wealthy arseholes who prey on a product/sport they have no interest in.

A little sad!!! It's f***ing tragic what has happened to our sport, and by that I mean the working man's sport, over the last 20 years. A money making exercise for the mega wealthy arseholes who prey on a product/sport they have no interest in.

It starts and ends with private ownership.

Fan owned clubs are the long term future.

Maybe the idea of the European Super League is the best place for these sorts of teams. But where is the gray area in between?

It’ll take forever to build an empire like City now thanks to FFP. There’s fuck all fair about it. The powers that be just found a way to keep the top clubs the top clubs.

It's way past the point of return now, City are lucky regardless as they managed to pump money in just at the right time. For the rest of us all we can hope is the elite few piss off and leave the rest of us to have a relatively level playing field.

Interesting (well I thought it was!) long article in The Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/15/manchester-city-football-group-ferran-soriano
The best thing for everyone to do is pack in sky and not turn up when they're playing the top 6 home or away. Let them play in empty stadiums half the f***ing time. Then when they fuck off to a European super league or whatever franchised bollocks they're doing, we can hopefully go back to some sort of normality where local car dealership owners can fund their teams.

I've had enough of the f***ing lot of it...

The best thing for everyone to do is pack in sky and not turn up when they're playing the top 6 home or away. Let them play in empty stadiums half the f***ing time. Then when they fuck off to a European super league or whatever franchised bollocks they're doing, we can hopefully go back to some sort of normality where local car dealership owners can fund their teams.

I've had enough of the f***ing lot of it...

It's fucked like, footy clubs were a massive part of the local community. No matter how hard the big boys try they are just huge money making machines who would fuck fans off in a second if it boosted profits.

For years fans have chanted Mickey mouse club at other clubs fans as an insult, now man city want to be a global franchise like Disney, the f***ing ultimate mickey mouse club...

You couldn't make the fucker up...

It's fucked like, footy clubs were a massive part of the local community. No matter how hard the big boys try they are just huge money making machines who would fuck fans off in a second if it boosted profits.

Someone earlier said man city were lucky to get the owners they did when they did, I personally don't agree. The man city they supported in the 3rd division are dead, gone forever. Like you said the owners won't give a fuck about the fans, they would happily play half their home games in China or f***ing Russia if it meant raking more coin in or spreading their "brand"

I'm being totally honest here, I'd rather we got relegated do div 4 and watched 22 clogged kick fuck out of each other than be in their shoes. They're f***ing obscene...

Last edited:
Its future is well behind us. Just have a look at the amount of retro threads and favourite players from days gone by. Not many of the current bunch being idolised by many (if any)

For years fans have chanted Mickey mouse club at other clubs fans as an insult, now man city want to be a global franchise like Disney, the f***ing ultimate mickey mouse club...

You couldn't make the fucker up...

Someone earlier said man city were lucky to get the owners they did when they did, I personally don't agree. The man city they supported in the 3rd division are dead, gone forever. Like you said the owners won't give a fuck about the fans, they would happily play half their home games in China or f***ing Russia if it meant raking more coin in or spreading their "brand"

I'm being totally honest here, I'd rather we got relegated do div 4 and watched 22 clogged kick fuck out of each other than be in their shoes. They're f***ing obscene...
Yet the majority of support pray for the return of premier league Footy and will probably die happy if we merely got into Europe. Then after that we can do the clog thing.;)

Last edited:
It sounds absolutely shite.

If I wanted to watch a cliche with a predictable ending I watch a film, football is beautiful because it's not predictable and anything can happen, I think there's always gonna be upsets and giant killings but like has already been said it's gone from being a bit better with more TV access which is a good thing to too much and consuming itself on the basis of being a product.

interesting read, fans wont put up with all this shit taking over the sport, just needs the right people running the game with no vested interests, and 3 points tomorrow for PNE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back