The Fuji X100S

Status
Not open for further replies.

UaeExile

Winger
An absolute delight to shoot with.

If you're interested in street/documentary photography, this thing is an absolute pleasure to use!

Leica for puffs.

Automatic focus is for girls and perverts.

For any particular reasons?

Looks great
Excellent ISO performance
Top quality f2 glass
Optical viewfinder with really impressive electronic layover
Beautiful bokeh and skin tones for portraits

Honestly, the only downside has been battery life and the fact that it's fixed focal length, but I'm even enjoying that which is a surprise.

The first zoom lens I used was on a Samsung Slimzoom (compact 35mm) before that everything I had just had fixed focal lengths. It makes you work harder to get the photo you want, but also makes you think about it more before you take it which is no bad thing. Obviously primes normally beat zooms in quality too, certainly at the same price point.

The first zoom lens I used was on a Samsung Slimzoom (compact 35mm) before that everything I had just had fixed focal lengths. It makes you work harder to get the photo you want, but also makes you think about it more before you take it which is no bad thing. Obviously primes normally beat zooms in quality too, certainly at the same price point.

I never use zooms anymore. Feels like cheating.

Keep on meaning to sell a load of my DSLR equipment, maybe used it 2 or 3 times since I got into rangefinders, and even then it was always with a prime.

give the lad a chance man, he was playing in Harper's testimonial last night, so probably hasn't had time to use his new camera yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back