The Floaters Mill, Houghton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went for lurnch and a cheeky pint earlier.

Logon or register to see this image

Got BBQ pulled pork baguette, chips and salad.

Was canny enough and decent portion size anarl (couldn't eat all the chips).

My lass (nur) got steak & ale pie with chips and said it was very nice anarl.

Berth meals cost £7.95 each and pint of Carlsberg is £3.25 - reasonable enough.

Canny pub tbh with outside seating area and play area for families with kids.

Have been before a while ago for Sunday roast and was lersh.

Heard it's changed management a few times but nee complaints from me today mind, so I can easily recommend this place.

Anyone else been and/or rec any similar pubs in the area?
The bottom pic reminds me of one of those icecream screwballs

It isn't. All of Houghton is in the City of Sunderland. The Floaters is in County Durham.

omg - you really aren't from Houghton or the N.E are you?

Do you realise Houghton used to be in County Durham once but now is Tyne and Wear yet still retains the DH postcodes?

omg - you really aren't from Houghton or the N.E are you?

Do you realise Houghton used to be in County Durham once but now is Tyne and Wear yet still retains the DH postcodes?
Tyne and Wear no longer exists.

Houghton Le Spring was once County Durham, it's now The City of Sunderland.

The Floaters is not in Houghton Le Spring, that's why they pay council tax to County Durham. If they were in Houghton they'd pay council tax to The City of Sunderland.

Post codes mean little. Peterlee is in Durham yet has an SR postcode. Houghton is in Sunderland yet had a DH postcode.

Washington is in Sunderland but has an NE postcode.

You must enjoy being wrong.

The Floaters is not in Houghton Le Spring, that's why they pay council tax to County Durham. If they were in Houghton they'd pay council tax to The City of Sunderland.

Post codes mean little. Peterlee is in Durham yet has an SR postcode. Houghton is in Sunderland yet had a DH postcode.

he enjoys attention, like a spoilt child

he enjoys attention, like a spoilt child

I grew up in Bournmoor like. DH post code yet the address was Houghton-Le-Spring, Tyne & Wear which I always found strange. Anyway, wouldn't pouch on that shite in a million years.

Great thread by the way

I grew up in Bournmoor like. DH post code yet the address was Houghton-Le-Spring, Tyne & Wear which I always found strange. Anyway, wouldn't pouch on that shite in a million years.

Great thread by the way

You were using the wrong address. Bournmoor (or Burnmoor as is the original/proper spelling) is not in Houghton le Spring and never has been.

The post code isn't relevant. The whole of Houghton le Spring is in The City of Sunderland. As you'll know as you lived there, your council tax was payable to Durham Council, thus it is not in Houghton le Spring.

Fencehouses is a village split between Houghton le Spring (in the City of Sunderland) and County Durham. The border is now where the railway line used to be. It was previously at the war memorial until about 15-20 years ago when it was moved.

He couldn't be wronger the silly sausage.

The village is essentially a single main street cut in two by the path of the old railway line which also splits the village into control of two local authorities – Sunderland Council for the south of the village and Durham to the north). This is believed to be one of the only villages to split by local authorities in England with the North part of Fencehouses, County Durham and the South part of Fencehouses, City of Sunderland. Just near to the railway line and yards from the old station, is a new development of town houses and apartments called "the sidings".

He couldn't be wronger the silly sausage.

Aye, you'd think these people would have more of a clue living there like. Woodstone Village is a village within a village (Fencehouses), it was previously known as 6th Pit. The Floaters isn't in Woodstone Village either, it's at the bottom of Fencehouses, just before where Burnmoor begins.

Neither Woodstone Village or Burnmoor is in Houghton le Spring though so it's all a bit moot anyway.

You were using the wrong address. Bournmoor (or Burnmoor as is the original/proper spelling) is not in Houghton le Spring and never has been.

The post code isn't relevant. The whole of Houghton le Spring is in The City of Sunderland. As you'll know as you lived there, your council tax was payable to Durham Council, thus it is not in Houghton le Spring.

Fencehouses is a village split between Houghton le Spring (in the City of Sunderland) and County Durham. The border is now where the railway line used to be. It was previously at the war memorial until about 15-20 years ago when it was moved.
Queer isnt it? I never had any lost post like.

Queer isnt it? I never had any lost post like.

Why would you have lost post? Your address would have been 123 The Street, Burnmoor, Post Code Beginning DH. You could choose to add in Houghton le Spring, or County Durham, or Tyne and Wear or Sunderland or whatever and it'll still reach you eventually as long as the post code and first line of the address was correct.

Stop with the silly spelling of Burnmoor anyway, if you spell it Bournmoor, you're not post, you're just a dick.

Aye, you'd think these people would have more of a clue living there like. Woodstone Village is a village within a village (Fencehouses), it was previously known as 6th Pit. The Floaters isn't in Woodstone Village either, it's at the bottom of Fencehouses, just before where Burnmoor begins.

Neither Woodstone Village or Burnmoor is in Houghton le Spring though so it's all a bit moot anyway.
Never heard that said for years. You moved to Woodstone village pretty much when that street was built didn't you?

Why would you have lost post? Your address would have been 123 The Street, Burnmoor, Post Code Beginning DH. You could choose to add in Houghton le Spring, or County Durham, or Tyne and Wear or Sunderland or whatever and it'll still reach you eventually as long as the post code and first line of the address was correct.

Stop with the silly spelling of Burnmoor anyway, if you spell it Bournmoor, you're not post, you're just a dick.
:rolleyes:
I just grew up there mate. Wasn't too concerned at the time. As it is a burning issue with some people I will advise my parents of this information. Thank you.

Never heard that said for years. You moved to Woodstone village pretty much when that street was built didn't you?

Aye, I hadn't even heard it referred to as Woodstone Village until we moved there in 1985, I'm guessing they gave it a different name to make people think it wasn't in Fencehouses, maybe they copied off Chilton Moor or something? All the old blokes used to say "you live in 6th pit" - not idea where the pit was, or the other 5 either like.

:rolleyes:
I just grew up there mate. Wasn't too concerned at the time. As it is a burning issue with some people I will advise my parents of this information. Thank you.

Nice one, it's always good to educate the less locally educated locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back