The first sounds ever heard from Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what the wind sounds like on Mars

Cracking video if you have a spare minute. NASA’s Mars InSight landed on the planet last week.

For the first time in history, it's been able to relay sound back to Earth from another planet.

This may be the the first sound ever in Mars. Sound does not exist unless there’s a device or organic something to receive and interpret it. So therefore sound has never existed on Mars until this transmission.

This is what the wind sounds like on Mars

Cracking video if you have a spare minute. NASA’s Mars InSight landed on the planet last week.

For the first time in history, it's been able to relay sound back to Earth from another planet.
Sounds like that up tunstall hill on a calm day

What is that wind made out of?

Tick

The fact that its a recording from mars is pretty special but its had to be doctored so we can appreciate it. But yes, it sounds nothing like wind on Mars.
What does it sound like then?

Well, the same but 8 octaves lower. We can’t hear it.
I see, how do you know though? Have you been to mars? Or just believing nasa and it’s sound effects, to allow people to hear it?

Sound does not exist unless there’s a device or organic something to receive and interpret it.
It still exists. :lol:

Sound is a pressure wave. Pressure waves have effects on their surroundings, ie, erosion. Just because nobody is there to hear it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Whether we hear it or not is irrelevant. We can't hear ultrasound or infrasound but it still exists.

"If a tree falls in the rainforest and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?". YES.

It still exists. :lol:

Sound is a pressure wave. Pressure waves have effects on their surroundings, ie, erosion. Just because nobody is there to hear it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Whether we hear it or not is irrelevant. We can't hear ultrasound or infrasound but it still exists.

"If a tree falls in the rainforest and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?". YES.

You’ve answered your own question. ( the one you didn’t ask :) ).

‘Sound’, you say, is a pressure wave. A pressure wave existed in the forest but could not be perceived as ‘sound’ until a device or a pair of ears and a brain codified the pressure wave into what we call ‘sound’

The trees on Mars were falling and creating pressure waves that have just been recorded utilising some sort of technology that has in turn created something digital to reproduce an approximation of the pressure wave that it detected there. We heard it as sound.

What do you mean there aren’t any trees on Mars??

Is the magic word. You said "Sound does not exist".

You need to stop trying to educate people when you haven't a clue what you're on about, George.

You need to spot when people are talking bollocks for fun and quit taking me seriously.

:)

I have a CSE in typewriting. I stopped doing science at 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back