The Edge Documentary

Bump, just finished this. Starts very light and funny and ends up very dark.
It’s a brilliant watch, heart goes out to Finn and Trott. You wonder how much more they could have given if things had been different.

Bump, just finished this. Starts very light and funny and ends up very dark.
It’s a brilliant watch, heart goes out to Finn and Trott. You wonder how much more they could have given if things had been different.
The Trott bit with the awful screaming music and disorientating angles was the closest media expression I've seen which touches upon the horror of how it feels to experience acute anxiety and panic attacks. It was almost too much for me to get through, having been through a period myself where I experienced those things several times on a daily basis.

Mixed feelings about some of KP's conduct but in hindsight you could also see he was a mess and its astonishing nobody tried to help him.

The really impressive thing about the film I think is that it showcases just how powerful mental energy is. It can power you through to the absolute top but it can also destroy you. I've worked in mental health for over a decade now but theres not many things I've seen or read which deliver that message better than this film.
Is it included with prime or do you have to pay extra
It's on Prime so free if you have that

Last edited:
The Trott bit with the awful screaming music and disorientating angles was the closest media expression I've seen which touches upon the horror of how it feels to experience acute anxiety and panic attacks. It was almost too much for me to get through, having been through a period myself where I experienced those things several times on a daily basis.

Mixed feelings about some of KP's conduct but in hindsight you could also see he was a mess and its astonishing nobody tried to help him.

The really impressive thing about the film I think is that it showcases just how powerful mental energy is. It can power you through to the absolute top but it can also destroy you. I've worked in mental health for over a decade now but theres not many things I've seen or read which deliver that message better than this film.

Agree mate, true words. Feel as if KP self destructed in many ways, Colly was quite blunt about him 🤔
Trott could have had so many more years

Class player, just international class

Yep, feel his record belies the player he could have been. Flower sounded like he took some responsibility for the mental state of some of his players too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree with your first point mate, been there myself too and it was a good visualization

Could relate too so much of it, the mind is a powerful thing
Agree mate, true words. Feel as if KP self destructed in many ways, Colly was quite blunt about him 🤔

Yep, feel his record belies the player he could have been. Flower sounded like he took some responsibility for the mental state of some of his players too.

North east blokes have a good way of summing things up

Absolutely

He was so involved he couldn’t see it

He did speak well at the time when Trott left

The comments by Warner about trott at the time were unforgivable too

Last edited:
Agree with your first point mate, been there myself too and it was a good visualization

Could relate too so much of it, the mind is a powerful thing

North east blokes have a good way of summing things up

Absolutely

He was so involved he couldn’t see it

He did speak well at the time when Trott left

The comments by Warner about trott at the time were unforgivable too
Blokes an absolute kernt but I assume he wasn’t fully aware of his issues ?

Thoroughly enjoyed watching last weekend, a very good insight into the game and mental fatigue that some of the players get caught up in, the difference in how it effects some more than others is interesting, some seem to play like it's just a game (seem to have greater longevity and less stress about it)where others look a lot deeper into it. A piece on sky with Stuart Broad today summed it up quite well that iirc on debut he took a 5 for and he felt like he belonged at test level, however the story of Trott deliberately getting peppered by the bowling machine at 95 mph is quite dismaying.

Cheers for the heads up. Been looking out for it on my iptv or summit but have prime so I'll watch it the morra.
Class. Tough watch at times. Love trotty , felt for Finn as well.

Makes you think like.

Last edited:

Back