The Creation - Biff Bang Pow

Alan McGee was in a band called that as a youngster and named his record label after his favourite band the Creation.

"Painter Man" is my favourite Creation tune....as covered by Boney M.

Should have been bigger than they were imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing tune. First heard it about 10 years ago in the Wheatsheaf by a band called the Source covering it. Put the lyrics in my phone & Googled it the next day.

Got more than a hint of My Generation about it like.
Agreed about My Generation.

But i think it's better.
Alan McGee was in a band called that as a youngster and named his record label after his favourite band the Creation.

"Painter Man" is my favourite Creation tune....as covered by Boney M.

Should have been bigger than they were imho.

Painter Man is good, Making Time and How Does it Feel To Feel are belters as well

Last edited:

I love the who but I'm just not that big a fan of My Generation. Think I've listened to it too much in my life and killed the buzz with it.
Ride did a cover of How Does it Feel To Feel......belter of a version.

That is a good version. I think the Creation original sounds like it could've been from that late 80s/early 90s indie era, that Manchester scene. Beatles - It's All Too Much sounds like that Madchester era as well imo.

Last edited:
Amazing tune. First heard it about 10 years ago in the Wheatsheaf by a band called the Source covering it. Put the lyrics in my phone & Googled it the next day.

Got more than a hint of My Generation about it like.
I read a Townsend interview years back in which he said they’d considered getting a second guitarist in at one point and the Creation feller was first choice. He’d take songwriting pressure off Townsend anarl was the theory.

I read a Townsend interview years back in which he said they’d considered getting a second guitarist in at one point and the Creation feller was first choice. He’d take songwriting pressure off Townsend anarl was the theory.
Eddie Phillips? Undervalued band who seem to be put in the second bracket with the Artwoods,The Action and even the Yardbirds.

Back