(THE CHRISTMAS THREAD) Santy/Santa/parties etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year in a 5star hotel.
This year on the 14th December they are having a party on the 11th floor penthouse.
Not really my cup of tea. I guess a good old office party.
The blurt on show will be 2nd to none so may go to observe

One of the few benefits of being unemployed, no having to pretend to like your work colleagues.

I have no desire to go out with a load of blokes I hardly know and watch them jockey for position as close to the main gaffer as they can get.. lick his hoop, and engage him in s game of buzzword bingo...

Seen it many times at events the company have laid on where I've had no choice but to go...

Think the emperor's new clothes...

I think it's embarrassing to be honest but as I'm getting older I seem to be in the minority at my place...

Pint in town with a few similarly minded colleagues on 7th.

Last year went a bit pear shaped, so a bit more basic and low key this year, fat Buddha in Durham then out on the piss after.

I told my lot I don't like working with them so I'm certainly not going out drinking with them, they think I'm joking...

I am working for an agency at the moment, I have worked with the same 3 people for about 5 months, they have openly discussed their xmas party and not invited me. I like to look at he positives in this scenario, by not asking me, they have saved me the bother of telling them to go and fuck themselves and their offspring ,which wouldnt surprise me in the least, f***ing inbred freaks

I am working for an agency at the moment, I have worked with the same 3 people for about 5 months, they have openly discussed their xmas party and not invited me. I like to look at he positives in this scenario, by not asking me, they have saved me the bother of telling them to go and fuck themselves and their offspring ,which wouldnt surprise me in the least, f***ing inbred freaks

Someone's feeling left out arnt they Wayne? :lol:

One of the few benefits of being unemployed, no having to pretend to like your work colleagues.

That's the thing. If I lost my job tomorrow, I wouldn't have any contact with any of my colleagues ever again. We all get on fine, but we're not friends outside of work. I probably would go for a few pints with 2, maybe 3 of them, if a reason ever came up, but I wouldn't bother my bollocks with the rest.

when and where is yours ?

ours fri 7th , newcastle , bit to eat late afternoon then pubs afterwards, someone always ends up hammered and cryin, one lad never allowed to stop out as seriously under thumb, another is a classic love rat and trying it on with the women all the bastard time, plus side is work foots most of the bill , gotta have your whits about you though as one drink away from a loada regrets the next mornin , always one with the mobile phone out all the time videoin/takin photos to show round work the following week...twat

may have couple beers Black eye friday after work also
13th Dec in Newcastle. Not going

Friday 14th 2pm at a restaurant in Newcastle. But it clashes with taking me eldest to the panto so will be leaving around 6.

At Christmas my director used to invite our team for a sherry and cake tea at her home, attendance was compulsory.
She left and her replacement decided the following year we would just go for a few quite drinks in Morpeth. By mid afternoon he was totally pissed, could hardly walk and somehow had a rip up the back of his shirt.
As we were chucking in a taxi outside the Sun Inn the tea and cake format seemed preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back