The Chase contestants

I still can’t understand why anyone from Durham , Chester ,Petelee etc would support anyone other than the lads - not proper football fans.
It’s as easy to get from Durham to Newcastle as it is to get to Sunderland. Easier still by train, then there’s a good night out ahead if that’s what you’re looking for.

It’s fairly easy to see why anyone from Durham, Washington, Consett etc would follow them. Harder to see why the East Durham pit villages would, but I don’t get the “not proper football fans” bit for anyone in their mid 30s and younger, the whole post-92 era is all they’ll really remember.

Do “proper football fans” turn their TV over just because someone supports a different football team on a light entertainment quiz program?

What about somebody from Morpeth supporting Sunderland?
CANT BEAT A BIT “WHATABOUTTERRY”

As if any safc fan needs to jump to the defence of a Durham Mag :lol:
It’s as easy to get from Durham to Newcastle as it is to get to Sunderland. Easier still by train, then there’s a good night out ahead if that’s what you’re looking for.

It’s fairly easy to see why anyone from Durham, Washington, Consett etc would follow them. Harder to see why the East Durham pit villages would, but I don’t get the “not proper football fans” bit for anyone in their mid 30s and younger, the whole post-92 era is all they’ll really remember.

Do “proper football fans” turn their TV over just because someone supports a different football team on a light entertainment quiz program?
Citing Transport links as justification for someone from Washington in Sunderland supporting the Mags :lol:

Ha

Last edited:
CANT BEAT A BIT “WHATABOUTTERRY”

As if any safc fan needs to jump to the defence of a Durham Mag :lol:

Citing Transport links as justification for someone from Washington in Sunderland supporting the Mags :lol:

Ha
Whatabouterry doesn't come into play here because i have no problem with Sunderland supporting Northumbrians. I'm just trying to see what that poster's opinion is on that. People can live where they like and support who they like as far as I'm concerned.

your reply literally started “WHATABOUT”?

By literally you mean figuratively.

As you're a well known idiot on this forum, I'll explain it so you understand.

Asking about somebody's opinion is different to deflecting from something by making a counter accusation.

I wasn't even engaged in conversation with the poster at the time, so me asking his opinion about something isn't whataboutery.

Aye I always thought the impurities meant it boiled quicker ie lowered the boiling point.
Exactly, its the ebullioscopic constant . its why put salt in saucepan when boiling carrots, makes it quicker.
Its why you put salt on ice, lowers freezing point to minus 4ish ( cryoscopic constant ) and why salt wont work if its too cold ie below minus 4.
Aye I always thought the impurities meant it boiled quicker ie lowered the boiling point.

Looks like I was wrong.
ffs, looks like science has changed since I went to school:D mind that was nearly 40 years ago.

Last edited:

Back