The Changing of the Seats.

si73

Striker
Been down since 0800hrs this morning sorting out the East Stand. 50 hardy souls each session and a short, but informative, instructional video to begin with.
As much water as you can drink whilst "on the tools" plus burger and beer afterwards. Canny craic to be fair, if a bit laborious and repetitive.

I claim my uber status badge and exclusive backstage access to the dressing room on match day for the pre-game team talk.

I can also confirm that there was NO PLAYERS chipping in and doing there bit, the work shy twats.

Cue "look at me" comments and "snip this shite" etc, ad nauseum

Been down since 0800hrs this morning sorting out the East Stand. 50 hardy souls each session and a short, but informative, instructional video to begin with.
As much water as you can drink whilst "on the tools" plus burger and beer afterwards. Canny craic to be fair, if a bit laborious and repetitive.

I claim my uber status badge and exclusive backstage access to the dressing room on match day for the pre-game team talk.

I can also confirm that there was NO PLAYERS chipping in and doing there bit, the work shy twats.

Doubt the players will be doing any, the chances of a "mental" fan having a shot verbally or other after a beer would be pretty high

Well done,
keep it up only a couple of thousand to do now;)

Doubt the players will be doing any, the chances of a "mental" fan having a shot verbally or other after a beer would be pretty high

Tongue very much in cheek like marra. Doubt any of them would've been met with high 5's and requests for autographs had they been forced to come down.

Look at me, I can change a seat. Pathetic.

Joking marra, how many did you get done? Well done for making the effort.

They said they were aiming for 11 or 12 per volunteer but then had some doing the bottoms with electronic screwdrivers, which were limited, and the rest on 10mm spanners taking of the backs.

As much water as you can drink :lol: Heady times indeed at Sunderland.

With ice cubes in as well.

Get a job you workshy bugger

Going over Saturday morning before going to Hartlepool. Uber as owt.

How many yer get done? Full 4 hours off the belt?

Not it was gan your own pace, I took the backs off 3 rows, I'd guess around 40-50 seats. I only put about 10 new backs on as the ballsed up slightly by not telling us that we were replacing red with white so some got took off twice.

Picture of progress so far?

I did take one but I'm not techky enough.

Get a job you workshy bugger

I'm on me holidays for 10wks so thought I'd give something back to the community.

Was it a quality burger?

Onion rings, cheese, tomato and choice of relish/ketchup etc. The bar was set quite high for a freebie. Be what the corporates can expect next season I imagine.

Last edited:

Well done mate. are tools provided?

Back