The cancer is back. It felt like it was never really away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a thought...... Can the moderators consider giving Foggy Striker status? I notice he's a contributor and it would seem fitting the way he has made all of us laugh as well as shed a few tears with his posts since starting his journey battling Cancer. Obviously that is if Foggy wants to be Messi in a Sunderland Shirt..... Well he is already in my eyes.

Just a thought...... Can the moderators consider giving Foggy Striker status? I notice he's a contributor and it would seem fitting the way he has made all of us laugh as well as shed a few tears with his posts since starting his journey battling Cancer. Obviously that is if Foggy wants to be Messi in a Sunderland Shirt..... Well he is already in my eyes.
Na, he’ll have to do it the normal way by sticking around and posting shite for a good few more years yet. That’ll learn him.

Words feel utterly inadequate at times like these mate but I hope you find comfort in your family and hit those targets.

All the best

"She told me I was correct. Is this the right way to tell somebody their cancer has returned?"

nearly as bad as my laddies, he was told he had testicular cancer, got admitted to Weston park in Sheffield, was waiting to go for tests, doc came in and said " OK off for a chest xray see what's going on " my lad said " chest xray for testicular cancer?", the doc said its lung not testicular, he died 6 months later

while we are on about the bedside manner , after my lad died me & our lass had to visit our doctor, now i kid you not this is true, my lass breaking her heart in the doctors surgery and the doc came out with "well you are both still young enough to adopt" if that had been a bloke i would have been in jail, i just got up & walked out

anyway foggy all the best mate & i hope it works out for you , take care, you will beat the bastard !

"She told me I was correct. Is this the right way to tell somebody their cancer has returned?"

nearly as bad as my laddies, he was told he had testicular cancer, got admitted to Weston park in Sheffield, was waiting to go for tests, doc came in and said " OK off for a chest xray see what's going on " my lad said " chest xray for testicular cancer?", the doc said its lung not testicular, he died 6 months later

while we are on about the bedside manner , after my lad died me & our lass had to visit our doctor, now i kid you not this is true, my lass breaking her heart in the doctors surgery and the doc came out with "well you are both still young enough to adopt" if that had been a bloke i would have been in jail, i just got up & walked out

anyway foggy all the best mate & i hope it works out for you , take care, you will beat the bastard !
I know they arnt all bad but me ma had nowt but trouble, when she was given the all clear about eight months later she developed a bad cough, the second time she went to the drs to say it hadn’t gone away she was told to just go home and take some cough medicine. Those precious extra couple of months cost her her life if they had taken better care of her she still might be here. Always push them if your not happy with what they tell you it’s your life at stake.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that marra
Worst nightmare

The first is bad, the second is outrageous!

My heart goes out to you both, nobody should have to lose a child. 😪

That's quite a story - really sorry about all of that. Just horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back