The Bullied Syrian Kid - Other Side of the Story

I've not watched the video in the OP, so I can't comment on the video but in general i usually tend to strongly disagree with anything 'Tommy Robinson' says.

In regards to this story, it got the attention it did for a number of reasons;

1 - Jamals background, being a syrian refugee they would have come to the UK wanting a better life. He's been attacked and bullied, seen with a broken arm and hasnt fought back on the video. People would have felt sorry for him.
2 - The school knew about potential issues with Jamal and his sister, yet little if at all anything, was done to try and solve the issue.
3 - When people started digging, finding Bailey was posting EDL etc content on social media made it look even more like a racial attack.

The UK seems to be in a position where any issues are resolved by throwing money at it. Bullying in any form is wrong, throwing money at bullied kids wont really help. The money was raised and set up by the public, not someone close to Jamal so unfair to have a go at him or his family for the money. IMO he doesnt deserve the money, no victim of bullying deserves £150k. What they do deserve is to live and goto School/Work or wherever and not be bullied by anyone. Money would be better spent on education and tackling these issues.

Yes there are 2 sides to every story, the public can only go on what is presented to them. Having Tommy Robinson present their side of the story will do them no favours because of how a lot of the general public view him. I dont know if they have tried to contact the more mainstream media, to get their story out. I'd have thought if they had and it was legitimate with plenty of proof they would have taken the story on. Don't get me wrong, the kid and his family shouldn't be getting messages like they have. Most of which appear to be by men in the middle east judging by names/language/locations on facebook, and are likely to be empty threats or fake profiles 'trolling' another issue we currently have that could do with addressing.

Its a few pages back but you can't see if they are muslim/pakistani/white but feel free to jump on the bandwagon with the rest of the goose-steppers on here or like normal people ask to see more evidence before reaching a conclusion
I wish more people would. Was the point of the whole thread.

I know it's uncomfortable for you but try to stay on topic instead slithering off to another subject.

Explain to me why any normal person whose daughter has been violently assaulted would turn to a wife-beater like Tommy Robinson for empathy and help.
No idea, ask them

Beginning to sound a little unhinged here.......
I sound unhinged? Really? I will have to try to be more polite in future.

Sigh. I’ll jump in briefly as everyone is talking at cross purposes

1) I think most people agree that raising money for a bullying act at school is a bit odd.
2) this obviously assumes it was. There is clearly now some debate about it
3) regardless, the internet bile directed at the “bully” shows the worst of people, just as the raising money shows the best
4) The “bully” if he is a Robinson supporter is clearly a cretin regardless. And his mother seemingly has a racist charge
5) Robinson is stirring the pot again. He is not a journalist. He is not a truth seeker. He is not relevant to any story. He’s a self publicist and a dangerous man
I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away. Welcome back my friend ;)

I've not watched the video in the OP, so I can't comment on the video but in general i usually tend to strongly disagree with anything 'Tommy Robinson' says.

In regards to this story, it got the attention it did for a number of reasons;

1 - Jamals background, being a syrian refugee they would have come to the UK wanting a better life. He's been attacked and bullied, seen with a broken arm and hasnt fought back on the video. People would have felt sorry for him.
2 - The school knew about potential issues with Jamal and his sister, yet little if at all anything, was done to try and solve the issue.
3 - When people started digging, finding Bailey was posting EDL etc content on social media made it look even more like a racial attack.

The UK seems to be in a position where any issues are resolved by throwing money at it. Bullying in any form is wrong, throwing money at bullied kids wont really help. The money was raised and set up by the public, not someone close to Jamal so unfair to have a go at him or his family for the money. IMO he doesnt deserve the money, no victim of bullying deserves £150k. What they do deserve is to live and goto School/Work or wherever and not be bullied by anyone. Money would be better spent on education and tackling these issues.

Yes there are 2 sides to every story, the public can only go on what is presented to them. Having Tommy Robinson present their side of the story will do them no favours because of how a lot of the general public view him. I dont know if they have tried to contact the more mainstream media, to get their story out. I'd have thought if they had and it was legitimate with plenty of proof they would have taken the story on. Don't get me wrong, the kid and his family shouldn't be getting messages like they have. Most of which appear to be by men in the middle east judging by names/language/locations on facebook, and are likely to be empty threats or fake profiles 'trolling' another issue we currently have that could do with addressing.
The media should have interviewed the lad and the parents with the accusations, but you know why they don't want to.... fear of what people will start saying to them.

It seems people on this thread are willing to ignore the plight of this lads family purely because Tommy Robinson did the interview. It's sheer stupidity with a healthy dollop of ignorance.

Death threats, threats of rape, violence against his sister.. all because a lad poured some water on another lads face in a playground spat that lasted 20 seconds.

This family are now being bullied, and nobody gives a fuck because they're white.
it seems some people are willing to ignore Robinson history of making stuff up. It's sheer stupidity with a healthy dollop of ignorance.

There's no evidence to support what they're saying and on the video the Syrian kid looks as weak as water. Doesn't even say a word & then takes it and walks off. If he had been mouthing off surely he would have said something or tried to defend himself
This. I've not watched Tommy's interview as I've got far more gratifying ways to waste work time but if this Bailey is suggesting he had been threatened with a stabbing by the little Syrian lad, and he sincerely believed this kid had a knife and was prepared to use it, it seems a rather curious response for him, seemingly in great fear of this mortal danger, to casually meander over to him in the schoolyard, stick the nut on him, pin him to the floor by the throat and then perform an ad hoc waterboarding session while his pal videos it for posterity.

Last edited:

Back