The Boot, Kings Cross

I know it’s been posted before, but does anyone know the story behind the framed Hummel blue away kit in this pub behind Kings X?

I went in the a few times in the early 90s and don’t remember it on the wall then.

TVM.

Ok...😂 Do you know how it's there?
Manager is a Skunk...

Felt sorry for us after the cup Derby palaver and decided to put some SAFC Memorabilia up. If you look closely at the wooden bar top, it's got SAFC FTM scrawled into the surface, written by himself. Legend is, they're never going to remove it....

Next time we play them (if ever), all his Skunk mates are going to be booted out and it's getting filled with Sunderland supporters.

I know it’s been posted before, but does anyone know the story behind the framed Hummel blue away kit in this pub behind Kings X?

I went in the a few times in the early 90s and don’t remember it on the wall then.

TVM.
Got a couple of framed SAFC framed pictures in the corner aswell, 73 iirc. Do a canny Sunday dinner aswell, popped in on the way from Goodge St Prem Inn to catch the train, was a few Villa lads in playing pool, think they were playing Spurs. Decent pub off the beaten track.
Is that Marky Wharton from Farra? Used to knock about with him, Doxy & Gilley youthies 78/79, great lad RIP
Manager is a Skunk...

Felt sorry for us after the cup Derby palaver and decided to put some SAFC Memorabilia up. If you look closely at the wooden bar top, it's got SAFC FTM scrawled into the surface, written by himself. Legend is, they're never going to remove it....

Next time we play them (if ever), all his Skunk mates are going to be booted out and it's getting filled with Sunderland supporters.
Didn't notice any Mag stuff, mostly photos of celebrities etc, The Dolphin down the road is definitely a Mag pub though .

Last edited:
Got a couple of framed SAFC framed pictures in the corner aswell, 73 iirc. Do a canny Sunday dinner aswell, popped in on the way from Goodge St Prem Inn to catch the train, was a few Villa lads in playing pool, think they were playing Spurs. Decent pub off the beaten track.

Is that Marky Wharton from Farra? Used to knock about with him, Doxy & Gilley youthies 78/79, great lad RIP

Didn't notice any Mag stuff, mostly photos of celebrities etc, The Dolphin down the road is definitely a Mag pub though .
He was joking mate. Taking the piss out of our owners

He was joking mate. Taking the piss out of our owners
Must've missed that bit 🤔
A couple of more pictures from The Boot 👍

TVM.
That definitely wasn't up the last time I went in 2 years ago as we were sat where the pool table is is now, was near the door next to the dart 🎯 board.
The 2 other SAFC photos are in the corner next to the pool table.
https://maps.app.tracking code removed/eNuFp7ktjwNftV6aA

Last edited:

Back