The Boat Race 2024

Watch ‘Thunderball’ instead. Spectre's Emilio Largo’s Disco Volante makes Cambridge v Oxford look like the boat race.

I doubt it. The most boring night out you are ever likely to have in Cambridge. Gardenia is a good kebab shop though.

I can think of many more boring places for a night out than Cambridge. You just need to know where to go.

I haven't been to Gardenia for years but it a legendary local place.

I can think of many more boring places for a night out than Cambridge. You just need to know where to go.

I haven't been to Gardenia for years but it a legendary local place.
Where ??? I have drank there regularly for the last 35 years. had a few good raves in fields just out of town but always found the centre of town to be a bit tiresome.

Always used to be on a Saturday 60s/70s. Both fa cup semi finals and the grand national all on the same afternoon.
Best day of the year for sport!

Where ??? I have drank there regularly for the last 35 years. had a few good raves in fields just out of town but always found the centre of town to be a bit tiresome.

Just avoid the centre of town which is mostly full of tourists and students. I could spend all day on a pub crawl around the back streets off Mill Road.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a rave :)

Just avoid the centre of town which is mostly full of tourists and students. I could spend all day on a pub crawl around the back streets off Mill Road.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a rave :)
When Brian had the Earl of Beaconsfield that was a cracking pub. Mill Road isn’t bad actually

Why not move boat race to a cleaner river and revert when Thames water have got their shit togerther ( no pun intended ) ?

Wouldn't be the same if it was abroad.

(2022 House of Commons Committee report on UK rivers: no river in England was free from chemical contamination. Only 14% had a “good” ecological status, which isn't the same as being clean)

Wouldn't be the same if it was abroad.

(2022 House of Commons Committee report on UK rivers: no river in England was free from chemical contamination. Only 14% had a “good” ecological status, which isn't the same as being clean)
exactly, it would be a national embarrassment ( ie we have no clean rivers ) and might motivate government/water companies into action- wishful thinking I know

Back