The best games of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don't mean the one on the Megadrive, because that was shite. Even then. The penalty shoot outs were the only half decent thing about it, much like Super Soocer on the SNES.
Me and my mates would play penalty shoot outs for money. It's what started my gambling addiction :lol:

It's embarrassing how quickly Spyro turned shit after the 3rd one :eek:
The PS2 ones were decent I suppose if not in the same class as the originals.

Mainly because Insomniac sold the license on to generate income for their new game ideas, which became Ratchet and Clank, which is probably my second favourite series of games.

They did say in an interview in America if the current license holders of Spyro were willing to help they'd love to work on a Spyro game akin to the early trilogy.

Just thinking back mind, up until PS2/Dreamcast/GameCube we were spoiled with great original titles and plenty of competition say for example football games, this is football, Actua, Adidas power soccer, ISS, LiberoGrande etc.

While you do have a lot of indie devs and a lot of original game ideas there is nothing like the mid to late 90's for the sheer wow factor of games.
Graphically yes but in terms of gameplay and storylines games have become very lame and formulaic, more preoccupied with how pretty it looks rather than how it plays or how it grabs you, I think the last game that grabbed me for storyline Was Spec Ops: The Line.

Mainly because Insomniac sold the license on to generate income for their new game ideas, which became Ratchet and Clank, which is probably my second favourite series of games.

They did say in an interview in America if the current license holders of Spyro were willing to help they'd love to work on a Spyro game akin to the early trilogy.

Just thinking back mind, up until PS2/Dreamcast/GameCube we were spoiled with great original titles and plenty of competition say for example football games, this is football, Actua, Adidas power soccer, ISS, LiberoGrande etc.

While you do have a lot of indie devs and a lot of original game ideas there is nothing like the mid to late 90's for the sheer wow factor of games.
Graphically yes but in terms of gameplay and storylines games have become very lame and formulaic, more preoccupied with how pretty it looks rather than how it plays or how it grabs you, I think the last game that grabbed me for storyline Was Spec Ops: The Line.
It was daft to change it, it was probably my favourite childhood game (the 2nd one with Ripto will always be in my top 5 ever games for enjoyment)

If they do make a similar one to the original trilogy, it'll be a first day purchase for me irrespective of how old I am :lol:

Is the PS4 Ratchet and Clank good? Was going to get it on the PSN sale the other day.

I think the last game that grabbed me for storyline Was Spec Ops: The Line.
Tremendous shout. My mate recommended it to me and I finished it a few days ago. Absolutely brilliant story and makes you do a bit of thinking which is a rarity in gaming these days.

Is the PS4 Ratchet and Clank good? Was going to get it on the PSN sale the other day.
Was more based on the movie and is pretty much a reboot for the series, still haven't played it yet mind, I don't buy new games anymore and it's on my rental list.

My mate reckons it's decent but short, currently £17 new in Grainger Games, was tempted myself.

Was more based on the movie and is pretty much a reboot for the series, still haven't played it yet mind, I don't buy new games anymore and it's on my rental list.

My mate reckons it's decent but short, currently £17 new in Grainger Games, was tempted myself.
Digital version was 11 quid I think.

Maybe not the best of all time but here are my personal favourites, especially from my youth.

Sensi World of Soccer 96/97 (Amiga)
Champ Man 97/98 & 01/02
Roller Coaster Tycoon
ISS 2 (PS1)
PES 1-6 (PS2) all brilliant
GTA Vice City, IV & V
International Track and Field (PS1)

The hours I put into those games, especially SWOS, CM and PES was ridiculous!

I was obsessed with Dungeon master when I had my atari 520st
then eye of the beholder series when I had my amiga

now when I play through the last of us I marvel at the worlds and narrative people can create on consoles

Half-Life - PC
Half-Life (part 2) - PC
Counter-Strike - PC
Battlefield 3 - PS3
Alien Trilogy - PS
The Way of The Exploding Fist - C64
IK+ - C64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back