The Batman

The Dark Knight was peak Batman. Bale was perfect for the role, and Ledger superb as the Joker, everything worked. As a stand alone film to watch as pure entertainment (and I'm not interested in 'staying true to the roots', appreciate others would be) you can't beat it.

The Batman was too slow, too long, good in parts, but could have easily been cut down to 2 hours and produced a better film.

Enjoyed it me but as others have said The Dark Knight is the best Batman film made so far. There should be a decent sequel to this latest one.

Definitely not a Batman to sit and watch with the Missus, she was bored shitless after an hour. A lot to admire but not sure how much I actually enjoyed it, at least 30 mins longer than it needed to be too.

I’ve tried to watch it twice. Fell asleep after an hour or so. Tried again a week later and gave up before the end cos I just didn’t care whatever happened.
It’s nee Dark Night. A bit better than Adam West though.

Whilst I enjoy the Nolan films overall I don’t get the hype behind them. 2nd one is great, 1st one is good, 3rd one is laughably shite especially the ending. Tom Hardy has got to be the most overrated pile of shite going.

I watched this new one at the pictures when it came out. The cinematography and score was brilliant. Really got the Gotham feel from the comics. The film itself I enjoyed but they could have cut out that whole stadium flooding bit at the end it should have just ended when they confronted each other in prison. Looking forward to the next one tho. My lass even enjoyed it but I think that’s because she’s a massive twilight fan.

I thought it would be right up my alley as a thoughtful take on it but as has been said it seems to just crawl to a stop at times.
It's undoubtedly a very good film but there's absolutely no urgency or rhythm to keep its hooks in you.

Incidentally I was in the Entertainer in town and they were selling action figures and the batmobile from this film.
I'd be surprised if there's any kids who've seen this film mind. :lol:

Back