The Bake Off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find Davids to be OK. Natural born winners many. But Daves are very different

Rarely get Dave, it just doesn’t fit right with me. Bloke I used to work with insist on calling me Davey.... I’m sure he just did it to wind me up.... which most of the time it did.

Just watched the final. I think this year and last year have both been a very poor standard. All three finalists from 2018 would have walked ‘19 and ‘20.

just caught up Laura proving she didnt belong there her showstopper has just random stuff piled on top of each other might have tasted ok but was just unsurprisingly messy .....wasnt a fan of the other two tbh but glad the lesbian beat the automaton

Agree with Baloo that the standard wasnt the best generally

just caught up Laura proving she didnt belong there her showstopper has just random stuff piled on top of each other might have tasted ok but was just unsurprisingly messy .....wasnt a fan of the other two tbh but glad the lesbian beat the automaton

Yeah I thought that about Laura's show stopper too it was 3 cakes plonked on top of each other, she may be a fantastic baker but she needs someone else to add the flair for sure.

That's what the brief was and what all three of them served up though. She baked all of hers better than either of the other two.

Some of her most presentable bakes during the series was up there with anyone anarl.

She makes a mess and has her wobbles but the show's probably been edited to show her as a walking disaster zone.

People's champ for me. Best personality in the tent this year by far.

That's what the brief was and what all three of them served up though. She baked all of hers better than either of the other two.

Some of her most presentable bakes during the series was up there with anyone anarl.

She makes a mess and has her wobbles but the show's probably been edited to show her as a walking disaster zone.

her vic sponge sponge was the worst of the three was said to be dry and lacking in filling and she used a cake board rather than nougatine because she cut it to the wrong size.....nice chelsea buns though

I gave up watching this series half-way through. I have to agree with @Baloo that the decline in the standard has been real noticeable over the past couple of series.

She's really good fun, I know her Mum as well and they're both lovely.

She's really good fun, I know her Mum as well and they're both lovely.
Came across as a nice person who I’d like to have a drink with. Should never have been a bake off finalist though.

Aside from the apparent lack in basic baking skills this year from the majority, there was so very little flair. Next series is going to have to find some very serious competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back