The Back Page

why are we supposed to be upset that the regional airport is closer to Newcastle?

It's meant to make us look small time apparently, even though clubs like Blackburn and Leicester have managed to win the Premier League without an airport.

One of the best things about their takeover is that a lot of them have come out with this level of banter in the media and fans of other clubs have started to realise how tapped they are.

It's meant to make us look small time apparently, even though clubs like Blackburn and Leicester have managed to win the Premier League without an airport.

One of the best things about their takeover is that a lot of them have come out with this level of banter in the media and fans of other clubs have started to realise how tapped they are.
But the airport has nowt to do with the football club! It'd be like us bragging about having a coastline.

Mags started saying Mackems eat cheesy chips and drinking blue pop to take the piss out of our accent, namely how we pronounce the words 'cheese' and 'blue'.

Mackems collectively missed the point, didn't get the joke and said it wasn't funny (despite still not getting it), insisted there were more takeaways in Newcastle that sold cheesy chips and they didn't know what blue pop was.

Still not getting it we started talking bout how we'd eat cheesy chips on Wembley Way, had t-shirts made and wrote a song about it, all while still not getting the joke and escalating it far beyond anything the Mags would ever have done.

And here you are, in 2024, still not getting it.

Yeah that’s how it started but even their own thick as fuck fans changed it to people from Sunderland eating cheesy chips and drinking blue pop.

The whole cheesy chips on Wembley Way thing wasn’t our fans not getting the joke

Yeah that’s how it started but even their own thick as fuck fans changed it to people from Sunderland eating cheesy chips and drinking blue pop.

The whole cheesy chips on Wembley Way thing wasn’t our fans not getting the joke

If that's true, that the Mags forgot the reason/origins of their own joke and us doing that was us taking the piss out of them, I prefer that version.

I understand the cheesy chips and blue pop crack now, but I don't think I'll ever understand the airport one, why are we supposed to be upset that the regional airport is closer to Newcastle?

There's also the Nissan backshift crack. Isn't the Nissan workforce about 50/50 anyway?

I wonder if Derby and Forest fans taunt Leicester fans about not having an airport?

No of course not because it's primary school levels of humour/crack.

Guaranteed 90% of people who buy stuff like this are Universal Credit simpletons who wear their toon top 7 days a week

I've told this story before but I used to go out with a lass who would lap this short of stuff up, despite the fact that she lived in Islington and I was the only person from the northeast she knew down here.

Her flat was kitted out in Angel of the North prints, framed Mag tops, drinks coasters with the Tyne bridge on them, there was a 'Geordie 10 commandments' hanging up in the bog.

I'm pretty sure she fetishised me because she would often say stuff about her da would gan leet if she knew she was bucking a Mackem. Sacked that one off very quickly.

I've told this story before but I used to go out with a lass who would lap this short of stuff up, despite the fact that she lived in Islington and I was the only person from the northeast she knew down here.

Her flat was kitted out in Angel of the North prints, framed Mag tops, drinks coasters with the Tyne bridge on them, there was a 'Geordie 10 commandments' hanging up in the bog.

I'm pretty sure she fetishised me because she would often say stuff about her da would gan leet if she knew she was bucking a Mackem. Sacked that one off very quickly.
😂

Mag lasses love a bit of Mackem Sosig in them

I understand the cheesy chips and blue pop crack now, but I don't think I'll ever understand the airport one, why are we supposed to be upset that the regional airport is closer to Newcastle?
I dare say if you asked one of the daft knackers why, they couldn't give an explanation either
There's also the Nissan backshift crack. Isn't the Nissan workforce about 50/50 anyway?
Never heard the nissan one before?

There's also the cathedral crack too 😂

Last edited:

Back