The Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had to pack it in mate, I was spending too much time out of the country with work and couldn't make my annual commitment.
Pity. I think I would enjoy it.
Just teaching the young kids like. Can’t be doing with the discipline side again.
Did you have rank?

Combat units 40% under strength according to the Guardian

Added to shortage of ships in the Royal Navy
Shortage of strike aircraft in the RAF

Good job the tories are the party you can rely on to maintain military strength.

Love to read the thoughts of the ex military lads who get on here
The tories ar always seen as the party of defending the nation.

However, the perception is not backed up by facts.

Same as immigration...they hammered Labour on it yet immigration went up markably on their watch.

Shows the power of the right wing media I guess.

Pity. I think I would enjoy it.
Just teaching the young kids like. Can’t be doing with the discipline side again.
Did you have rank?
Nah, not me mate. A good mate of mine is a Sergeant down at the Dykelands Road barracks. Get yourself involved man, good fun and keeps you fit.

Combat units 40% under strength according to the Guardian

Added to shortage of ships in the Royal Navy
Shortage of strike aircraft in the RAF

Good job the tories are the party you can rely on to maintain military strength.

Love to read the thoughts of the ex military lads who get on here
The twats cannot retain their own strength just now. Thank God.

Ive got no military background but I work with an ex soldier, and we were just talking about this today.

He said that from experience it wasnt just fighting resources that were understrength. Support roles such as some admin, catering and some transport have been palmed off to private contractors and standards had slipped in the chase of profit and it was impacting morale badly, especially if its support services for the family.

Hardly ever hear about that side. It amazed me to learn that companies like Sodexho are getting lucrative contracts then cutting back massively.
I wonder which government brought that in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back