The App Thread

• Thread starter Iain Hesford's Bait Box
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iain Hesford's Bait Box

Be useful if there was a thread with the best apps summed up.

Don't care if they're Android or iOS cos I can run both :cool:

I'll kick off with Sun Surveyor http://www.sunsurveyor.com/

It's Android for the timebeing (ios coming soon). It's one of those apps that show you where the sun and moon comes up and sets. Here's Souter for tomorrow -

Logon or register to see this image

It's got a nice feature where you can use the onboard camera to predict where the sun will be. Going there in the morning with Clyde, so I'll let you know how accurate it is :)

any more decent photo planning taking apps???

Is lighttrac the same as sun surveyor?

sounds canny

I have Longtime Exposure calculator. Great for when using 10 stops etc. It's on iPhone.

That Sun Surveyor app looks good. I have a Flight Logistics Compass in my bag and the last time I used it up Bamburgh it seemed quite a bit out for some reason.

Be useful if there was a thread with the best apps summed up.

Don't care if they're Android or iOS cos I can run both :cool:

I'll kick off with Sun Surveyor http://www.sunsurveyor.com/

It's Android for the timebeing (ios coming soon). It's one of those apps that show you where the sun and moon comes up and sets. Here's Souter for tomorrow -

It's got a nice feature where you can use the onboard camera to predict where the sun will be. Going there in the morning with Clyde, so I'll let you know how accurate it is :)

any more decent photo planning taking apps???

Looks like a cracking piece of software. Suncalc does a similar thing for those of us without smartphones.

Camera + for ios. cracking little camera app that has some good processing features built in.

Also hisptamatic for that old school film effects.

I'm a big fan of Photosynth. It's a panorama app, for when you don't have your massive, mahogany, velvia-fueled panorama camera at the ready. I've got it on ios but it's a Microsoft app so I'm sure you can get it on Android.

Oh, and the Guardian Eyewitness app if you like looking t stunning photography.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this on mine. I am a dick.

nah. I think they're class.

Don't get the plastic cover camera thing though. Just carry a camera?

here's a pic I grabbed with the Sun Surveyor app the other morning using the camera with the data overlay (augmented reality) shows you where the sun will be in the next few hours (this is a few mins ahead) Explains it a million times better than my posts do :)

As for taking pics on Android, I'm a big fan of Vignette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back