The absolute state of this...

I mean, it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know, but still thought worth sharing this data visualisation of the total money spent on wages and transfers by English football clubs since the Premier League began in 1993.

For those who can't be bothered with it - it shows we have spent the 12th most money of any club in that time period. And we find ourselves in f***ing League One, not even able to make the f***ing play-offs.

Frankly, its a miracle we're not in administration already. The amount of Short's money we pissed up the wall though. You look at that and have to conclude we're the worst run club in the country, including even the likes of Leeds, Portsmouth etc.

100% we pissed away crazy money and were ran appallingly but I think there needs to be some context with things like this. Transfer fees and TV income sky rocketed in the time we were in the Prem so hard to compare us to Leeds and Pompey who spunked a much bigger proportion of their revenue. Huddersfield spent 2 years in the Prem and were in League One for a few years before that but spent £232m. That's only £185m less than Pompey who were almost wound up and went from Europe to League Two in 4 years but at a time when fees and wages were lower.

I mean, it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know, but still thought worth sharing this data visualisation of the total money spent on wages and transfers by English football clubs since the Premier League began in 1993.

For those who can't be bothered with it - it shows we have spent the 12th most money of any club in that time period. And we find ourselves in f***ing League One, not even able to make the f***ing play-offs.

Frankly, its a miracle we're not in administration already. The amount of Short's money we pissed up the wall though. You look at that and have to conclude we're the worst run club in the country, including even the likes of Leeds, Portsmouth etc.

But, but, but Shorty was a shoite owner.....

We still had 10 years in the top flight

Everyone goes down eventually

Sheff utd n burnley won’t be in the top flight in 10 years

But, but, but Shorty was a shoite owner.....

My mates spends fortunes on stuff for his son, new iPad, iPhone etc, top brands clothes. He'll never take him out for a run about with a football or play a game on the x-box etc. I think he's a shit dad personally, but I can't fault him for splashing the cash.

I'd say Short (for all his willingness to splash the cash) was on a par with SD for picking shite people for important roles in the club.

The amount of money spent isn’t equivalent to being “good” in terms of strategy, competence, results etc.

The fact we are where we are clearly demonstrates that.

Bankrolled the klerb, appointed household names who Fooked it up.....
Going off your logic regarding bowyer then yes he was. Took over us in the Premier League. Left us as a relegated to league one club.

Obviously your logic was based on Nee context what so ever and the ramblings of a half wit

Spend money.....ya shoite
Don't spend money......ya shoite

Last edited:
100% we pissed away crazy money and were ran appallingly but I think there needs to be some context with things like this. Transfer fees and TV income sky rocketed in the time we were in the Prem so hard to compare us to Leeds and Pompey who spunked a much bigger proportion of their revenue. Huddersfield spent 2 years in the Prem and were in League One for a few years before that but spent £232m. That's only £185m less than Pompey who were almost wound up and went from Europe to League Two in 4 years but at a time when fees and wages were lower.

Aye that's fair.

Margaret Byrne and Gary the Hair were the beginning of the end imo...the rot set in on their watch.

Overpromoted and underqualified for the roles they eventually found themselves in.

Last edited:
So do you think spending huge money and getting into massive debts was wise?
A simple yes or no will do.

I know you're not happy with the way the club has been run under Donald. You said so.

Speculate to accumulate Rodders? So now Shorty was profligate for trying to keep us in the Prem, whilst the Don is out of his depth, skint, selling off the family silver and trying to make us sustainable? Which one izzit? Flip Flop on a daily basis.....

Back