Michut
Ba
Lihadji
Aouchiche
Hemir

Rusyn
Mayende
Mundle

Not a single one would be / has been a definite starter with anything like a fully fit squad.

Now some may still come good, but when the policy is seemingly to solely buy these types of players, the hit the ground running rate needs to be much better. I can see a lot of the players who are on that list and remain here not being here come August

Don’t forget Jewi.

Good enough for the World Cup but can’t even make our bench some weeks.

Here’s my Speakman select XI

Ron Thorben-Hoff
Pembele
Triantis
Seelt
Hjelde
Dajaku
Michut
Ba
Lihadji
Aouchiche
Hemir

Rusyn
Mayende
Mundle

Not a single one would be / has been a definite starter with anything like a fully fit squad.

Now some may still come good, but when the policy is seemingly to solely buy these types of players, the hit the ground running rate needs to be much better. I can see a lot of the players who are on that list and remain here not being here come August
How bloody frightening is that list,as Chewit has said on another thread we are basically a 5 man team .Now if 1 or 2 of that 5 go we are in deep shit next season

Ron Thorben-Hoff
Pembele
Triantis
Seelt
Hjelde
Dajaku
Michut
Ba
Lihadji
Aouchiche
Hemir

Rusyn
Mayende
Mundle

Jesus🙈 That list is so so bad. Didn’t actually realise how bad it was till i seen it all put on a list like that

Ron Thorben-Hoff
Pembele
Triantis
Seelt
Hjelde
Dajaku
Michut
Ba
Lihadji
Aouchiche
Hemir

Rusyn
Mayende
Mundle

Only Hoffman really but he got dropped for Patto, the rest all struggled/are struggling to get into the team.

Why make a thread about a certain player
he was terrible sofatester - and this is a Sunderland message board where people talk in depth about, believe it or not, individual Sunderland players and their performances.

not quite the conspiracy you’re dreaming up to be honest.

You can tell we lost. Pembele is the third player on threads since the final whistle I've read who "won a competition".
It's almost like you only need 30 minutes to know if a player is a footballer or not 🤣
Pembele was an embarrassment last night, it really is that straightforward

Seelt was playing well after getting an extended run, even out of position. Pembele still looks far from match fit and runs like he's floating.

He arrived with very positive reviews and a big reputation as a youth player so I can see him turning it around, just not sure how quickly

Seelt was playing well after getting an extended run, even out of position. Pembele still looks far from match fit and runs like he's floating.

He arrived with very positive reviews and a big reputation as a youth player so I can see him turning it around, just not sure how quickly
He arrived injured is his reputation so far.

I’d have Seelt in now and Lukey Boy at DM mesel

Thank feck we only gave him a 5 year deal then

This is one of the real problems we have stored up for ourselves. We have given really long contracts to multiple players who we won't be able to get rid of, which will massively hinder us being able to bring in new players.

Pembele, Hemir, Aouchiche, Mayenda, and Mundle are all here until 2028 and haven't played a good 90 minutes between them. Triantis, Ba, Ekwah, and Rusyn are all here until 2027 and if we can't upgrade on them in that time, we're in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back