That house with Laurel and Hardy outside in Boldon/South Shields way

Ceverton

Winger
If you have been past then you know which one I mean. Laurel and Hardy statues on the front garden for years, now there is King Kong on top of the porch etc. Does anyone know the person who owns them and know the story?

Personally think it is really characteristic and a pleasure to see when driving past.

If you have been past then you know which one I mean. Laurel and Hardy statues on the front garden for years, now there is King Kong on top of the porch etc. Does anyone know the person who owns them and know the story?

Personally think it is really characteristic and a pleasure to see when driving past.
Stan, Well known garage owner in south shields who does loads for charity. Has displays on at Christmas, hallowe’en etc. Sound bloke.
Not right in the head I reckon.
You couldn’t be more wrong.

I'm sure there was a story in the Gazette about his decorations getting pinched a few years ago and he was getting absolute pelters in the comments ection by someone saying he deserved everything that was happening to him for the way he went on years ago.

Sounded like he was a bit of a wrang-un in his younger days going on the that but then again could just be someone he lissed off making up shit

It’s class at Xmas mind. Turns it into a wass grotto.

Stan yanetta. He's got a Ghostbusters car outside his garage and done a Flintstones one, and video to accompany it, recently. Opposite the trimmers .

During one of the lockdowns when I was working from home Mrs was watching judge rinder and I noticed Stan was on there. Him and his pal or ex pal arguing over the layout of his Xmas setup and some damage caused due to it iirc.

Back