Thank you FBU

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf the fbu are COMPLETELY in bed with Corbyn and his mates
but the fbu have worked tirelessly to win this case. a senior executive council member has literally put his heart, soul, and LIFE into this pension battle, to the detriment of himself. he's lost his wife, kids, and home because of the time he's put into winning it (I won't name him out of respect to him)
it would have been a nice gesture for some other huge unions to have part funded the fight (the police fed gave 500k tbf, still doesn't cover the bill of course) but the unions have jumped straight in with their claim, the second the fbu won at the supreme court on the 27th june
millions of public sector workers have benefited from the fbu's battle for justice.
our worst case ff's were a minimum of 250k worse off under the new proposals btw

The federation done fuck all about it, they said that it was better to have some officers secured on tapering than challenge it and potentially everyone lose out by not having any tapering. Needless to say all of the national fed and most regional fed reps were on the tapering!

There was a group of GMP lads i think who started the pension challenge but officers put their own money up for that, or will have to pay further down the line.

The FBU have been brilliant in all of this and really shown the fed up for what they are

@cornish mackem
I personally know dozens of ff's who have left the scheme, and dozens more who haven't even joined on starting, because of the injustice they felt, and they thought putting their money elsewhere would be a better option (mind the fbu told them categorically NOT to from day 1 of the campaign ! and to wait till the outcome first)
i'm over the button your getting back what you signed up to though 👍 ;)😎
The federation done fuck all about it, they said that it was better to have some officers secured on tapering than challenge it and potentially everyone lose out by not having any tapering. Needless to say all of the national fed and most regional fed reps were on the tapering!

There was a group of GMP lads i think who started the pension challenge but officers put their own money up for that, or will have to pay further down the line.

The FBU have been brilliant in all of this and really shown the fed up for what they are

that's sad to hear mate 😢 I know the fed have jumped al over our decision over social media, rejoicing the 'great victory', they are even saying now that they want compensation for hurt feelings, loss of earnings etc (the fbu hasn't uttered a word about this mind, they might be planning it, but haven't released anything to this effect)
like I say, the fed donated half a mill, which was very much appreciated (still not enough you may argue) but they were the only other union to contribute ! it's not good form that all the others didn't, but are quite happy to reap the rewards of it
I lost a lot of money by going on strike to gain this victory (it wouldn't have even reached court without doing it) families have broken up over this, also other stress related things, of which I won't go into
that's not me being bitter, or ranting in any way, shape or form, just stating facts, and my humble opinion on the case

Last edited:

My Mrs has mentioned this to me but she knowa very few details. She works for Durham Police. What's the crack with it all?

My Mrs has mentioned this to me but she knowa very few details. She works for Durham Police. What's the crack with it all?

Have a google for police pension challenge, it is far too in depth to try and explain on here, there is a facebook page as well.

At the minute no one knows how the government will make right the discrimination, a couple of suggestions are

Put everyone back onto the scheme they signed up to, this is the fairest option but by far the most costly.
Do away with the tapering so everyone gets an extra 10 years on their old pension scheme then move everyone across at the end of the tapering period.
Pay compensation to those who are going to be worse off during the tapering.

The first option is the fairest, honour what was agreed when both parties signed, because it is the fairest though that will mean it is the least likely although Boris always had good relations with the police when he was London mayor so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back