Testing capacity v testing delivered

For all the claims about pinch points in the labs, the number of tests processed has at no point exceeded capacity, so either they're lying about the capacity or it's a failure of organisation

you should quantify 'need'
do you have any actual figures to justify your claim?
I have personal experience of my daughter's class mates tested when they had a cold. If that is replicated as an average nationwide that's thousands of needless tests. Been loads of reports of commentary programmes of a similar nature.

But no I don't have figures. I doubt many openly tell the authorities that they don't actually have symptoms.

If you don't think this is happening then good luck to you.

I have personal experience of my daughter's class mates tested when they had a cold. If that is replicated as an average nationwide that's thousands of needless tests. Been loads of reports of commentary programmes of a similar nature.

But no I don't have figures. I doubt many openly tell the authorities that they don't actually have symptoms.

If you don't think this is happening then good luck to you.
certainlyvnot saying it isn't happening but my initial response was to someone claiming 600,000 people were applying for tests were 'swinging the lead'.
it was the minister of health Matt Hancock who stupidly said in Parliament that anyone who WANTED a test could have one.
Tests are now only available for those who have symptoms so hopefully they will all get tested.

According to gov the current testing ‘capacity’ is about ‘300k a day’

due to the lack of lab processing the capacity is likely much much less than this. So surely any definition of capacity should be the number of tests they can ‘process’ every day...?

it’s like saying my car has a capacity to move at 250mph, it’s just so happens I am using a 120mph engine in it....

How can you judge how many tests you can process per day, they shouldn’t give any figures at all in my opinion.

How can you judge how many tests you can process per day, they shouldn’t give any figures at all in my opinion.

Might be useful to know how many tests are being processed per day for a multitude of reasons
Why do you think they shouldnt give out any figures at all ?

I’m sure Fiona Bruce will be called out for being nasty to a Tory, but the gap between Tory lies and reality are massive...

She didn’t really nail him for it though, fair play for pointing out his error mind

didla Harding was at it today aswell, claiming 240,000 people a day were getting tested , when her own report states c62,000 people a day are getting tested

all these clowns have full licence to lie by clown in chief BJ so I doubt it will ever change

I bought one yesterday and sent it off today.
Not cheap mind.
Used somewhere called IQ doctor.

all these people who just fancy getting a test should be directed to these, if you have no symptoms and haven’t come in to contact with a confirmed COVID but want a test then you need to pay for it.

When people test positive at work, employers are requesting others who have been in contact, get tested.
Realise the capacity can’t cope, but the demand from everyone is huge understandably

If the test capacity, or more importantly the ability to process test results is not there it’s nonsense for the gov to encourage workers to attend offices again with the impact on public transport also
Schools need to be kept going as a priority

I’m sure Fiona Bruce will be called out for being nasty to a Tory, but the gap between Tory lies and reality are massive...

I wondered why the govt seemed to be panicking a bit when there was "only" 3,000+ positive tests from the 240,000 tests available, but according to the govt's figures Fiona quoted here there's only 81,000 tests actually done on average per day, that makes the 3,000+ positives from 81,000 tests about 4%, which seems high and explains the slight panic as that would equate to 2.6m of the population.

Plus, if there's only 81,000 actual tests done per day out of the 240,000 available, why are people finding it difficult to get a test? There's almost 160,000 tests going spare every day.

World class test, track and trace system was what we were promised.

Did anyone other than the cult actually believe that bullshit :lol:
The fact that anyone can walk into anywhere and give false details without any verification means the whole system was doomed from the start.

If only we had a national ID card system 🤨

They’ve claimed many things within that 300k, including the antibody test results and those tests done privately mind. True capacity for Covid 19 tests on the NHS I believe is about 145k a day, depending on the source
But that is not the NHS capacity, that is the capacity of the private sector firms given contracts without tender procedures, who are allowed to put the NHS logo on things even thought they are nothing to do with the NHS.

To be fair I know personally loads who have got tests because the kid has a cold. And it was blatantly a cold.

That's without the ones I have heard about but don't personally know them. It's the Great British public fu**ing this up, although that fact should probably have been predicted.

The real cause is people trying to get tests who don't need one.
If your kid has a cough (as part of a cold) they need to get a test to prove its not COVID otherwise their school won't let them attend.

Oh and how do you differentiate between COVID and a cold when the symptoms are so similar. Surely people should be erring on the side of caution rather than thinking oh it's just a cold and carrying on as if everything is ok whilst potentially spreading a the virus. People in charge should have forecast a jump in testing requirements once the schools returned.

Last edited:

Back