Televangelists and their miracles

Got talking a couple on holiday who'd been there. His wife was fawning about how beautiful and moving it was. He said deadpan "it was just tacky, like Blackpool but with religion" 😂

I went about 30 years ago. It is dreadful.....but fascinating. In the souvenir shops you can buy those plastic domes with jesus......in a snowstorm..... ;)

Instead of taxi ranks, they have mobile stretcher trolley ranks. I could go on.....:lol:

Been prompted by a story on the BBC website about televangelist tb joshua (no relation to anthony joshua as far as i know) to look up some of these guys and the miracles they perform. Some impressive stuff i must admit. I don't think they get the recognition they deserve, and I don't even think they charge for it. I used to be a bit sceptical, but after seeing actual video evidence, I feel I am now a convert.

Miracles you say???? I have some snake oil, lion shit and some magic beans if you want to buy them.
Meh. If folk want to hand their hard earned cash then who am I to judge? Televangelism is a pure business proposal. Give me your money and I'll have a word with God to make you rich or just give you a free pass through the Pearly Gates. It really is the American way.

Kenneth Copeland also happens to be my favourite demon.

Back