Tech help

MackemMagic

Striker
Missus uses 2 monitors on an HDMI matrix when she's working so she can have applications open on one side and a database open on the other. She is wanting to get rid of her 2 monitors and use the TV in the spare room when she's working from home.

Is is possible for a smart tv to run the same functionality as 2 screens?

Missus uses 2 monitors on an HDMI matrix when she's working so she can have applications open on one side and a database open on the other. She is wanting to get rid of her 2 monitors and use the TV in the spare room when she's working from home.

yes - but the refresh rate isn't always as good which makes it hard on the eyes but you could organise the windows to fit the screen if that is what she means.

Should be able to just drag one open item to the left and the other to the right, this should auto split the screen in half.

Home TVs generally aren't designed for close up working with a computer.

I replaced 2 x 23" HD monitors with a 27" 4K one and it is a big improvement.

This is exactly what I do.

I think its a 49" 4K TV. You can easily snap windows to each corner, which gives you 4 1080p "screens" that are about the same as a 20" monitor. You'll be limited to 60hz/fps of course, and you do need to check that the TV can do the correct chromatic Subsampling (Chroma Subsampling: 4:4:4 vs 4:2:2 vs 4:2:0) otherwise text can be a blur (all explained in that link)

You're not limited to snapping screens to corners of course, you can move them around anywhere, and you can even use the "Fancy Zones" function built into Microsoft PowerToys to give you any arrangment of "virtual monitors" within the full scren and you can drag and drop as you see fit - PowerToys FancyZones utility for Windows

What operating system is she running? Windows?

Have you looked at ultra widescreen monitors? Once you've tried one you'll never go back to dual monitors
this, got a 49" ultra wide, means I can have about 3 windows open for work and 1 for chatting shit on here.

Does make work a lot easier tbf

Back