Teacher Losing The Plot

I don't think its all that bad tbh, just an off the cuff remark when you read the actual circumstances.

Ok, maybe a bit off, but its not like he tried to fuck one of them. Which plenty of teachers have done and basically got away with it.

'The teacher had made more comments, some too explicit to publish verbatim, including one claiming a student covered in blue biro ink had committed a sex act on a Smurf.'

At least he can now try his new career as a Frankie Boyle tribute act.

sounds like he's got a vulgar, immature sense of humour & tried to mix his sense of humour with educating young people.

needs to grow up.

He tried to be funny and if it had been pub craic, he'd have been fine. However, there's places where I've worked (Unis. are very PC environments) you have to be careful in certain situations and working in a school with teenage kids was one of them.

If this was in a sitcom set in a school it'd be quite funny. The smurf crack was good.

"The teacher had made more comments, some too explicit to publish verbatim, including one claiming a student covered in blue biro ink had committed a sex act on a Smurf."

That one had me creased up. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bearing in mind one of our resident teachers has recently come back from a ban....

It's a fine line, kids appreciate a bit laugh and carry on, but as a teacher you have to appreciate that they're going to be daft about some things, and potentially take any kind of grief directed at them very badly. For me the stuff mentioned in the article is well over that line. Let the kids make those kind of jokes, you don't need to try and seem like the cool teacher by coming out with shite like that.

I don't think its all that bad tbh, just an off the cuff remark when you read the actual circumstances.

Ok, maybe a bit off, but its not like he tried to fuck one of them. Which plenty of teachers have done and basically got away with it.

What I find odd about this is that you say 'when you read the circumstances', but you've clearly not read the story because it wasn't a remark :lol:

What I find odd about this is that you say 'when you read the circumstances', but you've clearly not read the story because it wasn't a remark :lol:
Did I read it wrong?

Some kid asked the teacher if the thing he was holding (a pedometer) was a paedo-meter. The teacher laughed at the obviously funny mistake, and then pointed it at the kid and made beeping noises, indicated he was a paedo.

Obviously just a "spur of the moment" joke. Whether the right thing to have done or not is a fair question, but didn't seem to have any malice.

The "Did you finger a smurf" joke is a fair chunk over the line, though.

Back